iPhone User Guide
- Supported models
- iPhone 13 mini
- iPhone 13
- iPhone 13 Pro
- iPhone 13 Pro Max
- iPhone 12 mini
- iPhone 12
- iPhone 12 Pro
- iPhone 12 Pro Max
- iPhone SE (2nd generation)
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone XR
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone SE (1st generation)
- What’s new in iOS 15
- Turn on and set up iPhone
- Wake and unlock
- Set up cellular service
- Connect to the internet
- Find settings
- Set up mail, contacts, and calendar accounts
- Learn the meaning of the status icons
- Download or bookmark the user guide
- Adjust the volume
- Multitask with Picture in Picture
- Access features from the Lock Screen
- Perform quick actions
- Search with iPhone
- Use AirDrop to send items
- Take a screenshot or screen recording
- Get information about your iPhone
- View or change cellular data settings
- Travel with iPhone
- Change sounds and vibrations
- Change the wallpaper
- Set a Live Photo as wallpaper
- Adjust the screen brightness and color balance
- Magnify the screen
- Change the name of your iPhone
- Change the date and time
- Change the language and region
- Use and customize Control Center
- Change or lock the screen orientation
- Adjust the shutter volume
- Adjust HDR camera settings
- Record videos
- Record ProRes videos
- Change video recording settings
- Save camera settings
- Change advanced camera settings
- View, share, and print photos
- Use Live Text
- Scan a QR code
- Set up FaceTime
- Make and receive calls
- Create a FaceTime link
- Take a Live Photo
- Use other apps during a call
- Make a Group FaceTime call
- View participants in a grid
- Use SharePlay to watch and listen together
- Share your screen
- Change the video settings
- Change the audio settings
- Add camera effects
- Leave a call or switch to Messages
- Block unwanted callers
- Adjust map settings
- Fill out your Health Details and Medical ID
- Monitor your walking steadiness
- Track your menstrual cycle
- Register as an organ donor
- Back up your Health data
- View maps
- Use Siri, Maps, and the Maps widget to get directions
- Select other route options
- Things you can do while following a route
- Get driving directions
- Get cycling directions
- Get walking directions
- Get transit directions
- Set up electric vehicle routing
- Delete recent directions
- Use Maps on your Mac to get directions
- Get rides
- Set up Messages
- Send and receive messages
- Send a message to a group or business
- Send and receive photos, videos, and audio
- Receive and share content
- Animate messages
- Use iMessage apps
- Use Memoji
- Send a Digital Touch effect
- Send and receive money with Apple Pay
- Change notifications
- Block, filter, and report messages
- Delete messages
- Get music
- View albums, playlists, and more
- Play music
- Queue up your music
- Listen to broadcast radio
- Change the way music sounds
- Get started with News
- Use News widgets
- See news stories chosen just for you
- Read stories
- Listen to Apple News Today
- Search for news stories
- Save news stories for later
- Subscribe to news channels
- View photos
- Play videos and slideshows
- Delete and hide photos and videos
- Edit photos and videos
- Trim video length and adjust slow motion
- Edit Cinematic mode videos
- Edit Live Photos
- Edit Portrait mode photos
- Make photo albums
- Edit and organize albums
- Filter and sort photos in an album
- Search in Photos
- Share photos and videos
- View photos and videos shared with you
- Interact with photos using Live Text and Visual Look Up
- View Memories
- Personalize Memories
- Find people in Photos
- Browse photos by location
- Use iCloud Photos
- Share photos with iCloud Shared Albums
- Import photos and videos
- Print photos
- Charging cable
- Power adapters
- MagSafe chargers and battery packs
- MagSafe cases and sleeves
- Qi-certified wireless chargers
- Apple Watch
- HomePod and AirPlay 2 speakers
- External storage devices
- Bluetooth accessories
- Share your internet connection
- Allow phone calls on your iPad, iPod touch, and Mac
- Hand off tasks between devices
- Wirelessly stream video, photos, and audio to Mac
- Cut, copy, and paste between iPhone and other devices
- Connect iPhone and your computer with a cable
- Sync iPhone with your computer
- Transfer files between iPhone and your computer
- Intro to CarPlay
- Connect to CarPlay
- Use Siri
- Use your vehicle’s built-in controls
- Get turn-by-turn directions
- Report traffic incidents
- Change the map view
- Make phone calls
- Play music
- View your calendar
- Send and receive text messages
- Announce incoming text messages
- Play podcasts
- Play audiobooks
- Listen to news stories
- Control your home
- Use other apps with CarPlay
- Rearrange icons on CarPlay Home
- Change settings in CarPlay
- Get started with accessibility features
- Turn on and practice VoiceOver
- Change your VoiceOver settings
- Learn VoiceOver gestures
- Operate iPhone using VoiceOver gestures
- Control VoiceOver using the rotor
- Use the onscreen keyboard
- Write with your finger
- Use VoiceOver with an Apple external keyboard
- Use a braille display
- Type onscreen braille
- Customize gestures and keyboard shortcuts
- Use VoiceOver with a pointer device
- Use VoiceOver for images and videos
- Use VoiceOver in apps
- Display & Text Size
- Spoken Content
- Audio Descriptions
- Use built-in security and privacy protections
- Keep your Apple ID secure
- Sign in with Apple
- Automatically fill in strong passwords
- Change a weak password
- Share passwords securely with AirDrop
- Make your passwords available on all your devices
- Create and manage Hide My Email addresses
- Automatically fill in verification codes
- Automatically fill in SMS passcodes
- Manage two-factor authentication for your Apple ID
Check the weather on iPhone
Use the Weather app to check the weather for your current location or in other places. You can view the upcoming hourly and 10-day forecast, see severe weather information, view weather maps, receive precipitation notifications, and more.
Note: Weather uses Location Services to get the forecast for your current location. To turn on Location Services, go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services > Weather, then choose an option. Turn on Precise Location to increase the accuracy of the forecast in your current location.
Ask Siri. Say something like: “What’s the weather for today?” or “How windy is it out there?” Learn how to ask Siri.
Check the weather forecast and conditions
Open Weather to do any of the following:
Check local weather conditions: The details for your current location are available when you open Weather.
Updates about severe weather conditions such as winter storms and flash floods appear at the top of the screen. Tap to read the full government-issued alert (not available in all countries or regions). To learn about Weather data sources, see the Apple Support article, Feature availability and data sources in the Weather app.
View the hourly forecast: Swipe the hourly display left or right.
View the 10-day forecast: View weather conditions, chance of precipitation, and high and low temperatures for the coming days.
View air quality details: View air quality information; tap See More to view details about health information and pollutants (not available in all countries or regions).
Note: The air quality scale appears above the hourly forecast when air quality reaches a particular level for that location. For some locations, the air quality scale always appears above the hourly forecast.
View weather maps in your area: View a map of temperature, precipitation, or air quality in the area. Tap the map to view it in full screen or to change the map view between temperature, precipitation, and air quality.
View more weather details: Scroll down to view the UV index, sunrise, sunset, wind speed, and more.
Check the weather in other locations: Swipe left or right on the screen, or tap .
Add, delete, and rearrange locations in your weather list
Tap to see your weather list.
Do any of the following:
Add a location: Enter the name of the city, the zip code, or the airport code in the search field, tap the location, then tap Add.
Delete a location: Swipe left on the location, then tap . Or, tap , then tap Edit List.
Rearrange the order of locations on your list: Touch and hold the location, then move it up or down. Or, tap , then tap Edit List.
Your list of locations stays up to date across your devices when you’re signed in with the same Apple ID.
View full-screen temperature, precipitation, and air quality maps
Open Weather, then tap the weather map or to do any of the following:
Tap to change the map display to temperature, precipitation, or air quality.
Touch the screen and drag your finger to move the map.
Pinch the screen to zoom in and out.
While viewing the precipitation map, zoom out to see the 12-hour precipitation forecast; zoom back in to see the next-hour precipitation forecast (not available in all countries or regions).
Tap to view a different location in your weather list.
Tap to return to your current location.
Touch and hold a location on the map to add it to your weather list, view its current conditions, or view it in Maps.
Tap Done to return to weather conditions and forecast.
Turn notifications on or off
You can receive a weather notification when rain, snow, hail, or sleet is about to start or stop in your current location. You can also receive precipitation notifications for locations in your weather list (not available in all countries or regions).
To receive notifications, turn on Location Access in Settings. Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services > Weather, then tap Always. Turn on Precise Location to receive the most accurate notifications for your current location.
To manage notifications by location, do the following:
Open Weather, then tap to view your weather list.
Tap , then tap Notifications.
Tap on or off for each location (green is on).
Switch between Celsius and Fahrenheit
Open Weather, then tap .
Tap , then tap Celsius or Fahrenheit.
Improve the Weather app
You can report the weather in your location if it doesn’t match what’s shown in the Weather app (not available in all countries or regions).
Open Weather, then tap .
Tap , then tap Report an Issue.
Tap the options that best describe the weather conditions in your location.
The information you share with Apple isn’t associated with your Apple ID.
Add the Weather widget to your iPhone Home Screen
Use the Weather widget to check weather at a glance on your iPhone Home Screen.
Note: The Weather widget is also available on the iPad Home Screen.