Install a sticker pack
- Go to the Messages app and tap .
- Tap , then tap Visit Store.
- When you find a sticker pack that you like, tap or the price icon next to the app, then install the app.
- Enter your Apple ID password, or use Touch ID or Face ID* if you have it enabled.
- Tap to return to your message.
* You need an iPhone X to use Face ID.
Add a sticker to a conversation
- Open Messages. Tap an existing conversation or tap and enter a contact.
- Tap to open the app drawer.
- Swipe left or right over the app drawer to find the one that you want to use. Then tap the app to open it.
If you want to add a sticker, touch and hold the sticker, then drag it to the message bubble. The sticker will automatically send when you add it to the message. You can also pinch or zoom to resize stickers before sending.
If you receive a message with an iMessage app that you don't have, just tap the blue name below the app to download it.
Do more with Messages
- Collaborate with others in a conversation, decorate with stickers, and more with iMessage apps.
- Personalize your conversations with Message effects on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Learn more about how to use Messages and get help with common tasks.
Stickers sent as an MMS message are sent as photos.