- Beats 1. Beats 1 broadcasts 24/7 to more than 100 countries. Tune in for free to hear exclusive interviews, guest hosts, and the best of what’s going on in music. Listen now to Beats 1 and view the full program guide.
- Other live stations. Apple Music also features live stations such as Bloomberg Radio, ESPN News and Sports, and NPR News and Culture. You don't need to be a member of Apple Music to listen to Beats 1 or these other live stations.
- On-demand and custom stations. With an Apple Music membership, you can listen to curated on-demand stations or create your own custom stations. These stations don't have ads, and you can skip an unlimited number of songs as you listen. You can also add songs that you like to your Apple Music library.
Start listening to Radio
To listen on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, open the Music app and tap the Radio tab at the bottom of the screen.
To listen on your Mac or PC, open iTunes. In the upper-left corner, choose Music. Then, from the navigation bar at the top of iTunes, choose Radio.
To listen on your Apple TV, open the Music app, then select Radio at the top of the screen.
To listen on your Android phone, open the Music app, tap in the upper-left corner, then tap Radio.
Create a custom station from a song, album, or artist
Use Search to find artists, albums, or songs that you want to use to create a custom Radio station. You can search the entire Apple Music catalog for specific artists, albums, or songs, or see trending searches. To search Apple Music:
- On your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, tap the Search tab at the bottom of the screen.
- On your Mac or PC, click in the Search box in the upper-right corner of iTunes, then click All Apple Music.
- On your Apple TV, select Search from the top of the screen.
- On your Android phone, tap in the upper-right corner of the app.
Then, scroll to the Stations section and choose the station that you want to listen to.
On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, you can use 3D Touch to create a station. When you find a song or artist that you would like to create a station from, use 3D touch or tap , then tap "Create Station." You can also ask Siri to "Start a station from …" and then say the name of a song, album, or artist.
Your new station will be added to your list of Recently Played stations. Recently Played stations are in order of most recently played and can't be deleted.
Fine-tune your custom stations
While listening to your custom station in Radio on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, tap a song to open the Now Playing screen, then tap . Tap Play More Like This or Play Less Like This to fine-tune your custom station.
While listening on your computer, click then click Play More Like This or Never Play This Song.
While listening on your Apple TV, hold down on the Touch surface of your remote, then select Play More Like This or Play Less Like This.
Add music from Radio to your library
When you hear music that you like on Radio, you can add it to your Library or just add it to a playlist.
On your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch:
- Tap the song to open the Now Playing screen, then tap to the right of the song.
- Tap "Add to Library " to add the song to your Library or tap "Add to a Playlist ."
On your Mac or PC:
- Hold your pointer over the song's name at the top of iTunes, then click .
- Choose "Add to Library" or "Add to Playlist." You can add the song to an existing playlist or create a new one.
On your Apple TV, hold down on the Touch surface of your remote, then select "Add to Library" or "Add to a Playlist."
On your Android phone:
- Tap to the right of the song, album, or playlist.
- Tap to add the song to My Music or tap "Add to a Playlist."
Share your stations
On your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac or PC, you can share any Radio station through AirDrop, Messages, Mail, Twitter, and Facebook. Tap or click , and then tap or click Share Station .
On your Android phone, tap the Share icon to see your sharing options.
To listen to Radio, you need an Apple ID and:
- iOS 8.4 or later on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- iTunes 12.2 or later on your Mac or PC. Get the latest version.
- An Apple TV (4th generation) with tvOS 9.0 or later.
- An Android phone with Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean) or later and the Apple Music app.
To access the full Radio experience, join Apple Music.
Radio is available only in select countries and features vary by country. Find out what's available in your country.