Browse and buy books on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
To browse the iBooks Store on your iOS device, use the iBooks app. It comes included with iOS 8. If you have iOS 7 or earlier, you can download the iBooks app for free from the App Store. Then, you can browse the iBooks Store:
- Open iBooks.
In iBooks 3.2 or earlier, tap the Store button in the upper-left corner when your bookshelf appears.
- Tap Featured, Top Charts, or Search in the bottom navigation bar. You can also see featured books and books available on the New York Times bestseller lists (United States only).
- Tap a book to see more details, buy it, or download a free sample. When you buy a book, it will automatically appear on your iBooks bookshelf.
Browse and buy books on your computer
On a Mac using OS X Mavericks or later, use the iBooks app to buy books. Learn more about book availability in your country.
To buy books through the iTunes Store:
- Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes.
- Open iTunes, then go to the iTunes Store.
- If you're using a Mac running OS X Mountain Lion or earlier, or you're using a Windows PC: Click the Books icon in the upper-left side of the navigation bar. If the icon isn't visible, click the More icon (three dots) and then select it from the pop-up menu.
If you're using a Mac running OS X Mavericks or later: Scroll to the bottom of the iTunes Store and click Books under the Explore menu.
- Browse by category or use the search field to find your favorite books. To browse by category, select a category from the pop-up menu above the Quick Links section.
5. Select a book to view more details, buy it, or download a free sample.
Download a sample
If you're in iTunes on a Mac or PC, you can click Get Sample to download a book sample.
If you're on Windows or an OS X earlier than Mavericks, the sample will go to iBooks on your compatible iOS device. You need to be signed in to the iTunes Store on your device. If you're on OS X Mavericks or later, you can choose one of these options.
- Click Send Sample to send the sample to your iOS device. You need to be signed in to the iTunes Store on your device.
- Click Open iBooks to show the book in the iBooks Store. You can download the sample to your Mac from the iBooks Store.
Share books between your Mac and iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
To send a book from your Mac to your iOS device:
- Sync it from your iTunes library to your iOS device. If you're using OS X Mavericks or later, you can also use iTunes to sync your iBooks library to your iOS device.
- Turn on Automatic Downloads for books on your device.
- Learn more about iBooks.
- Learn how to use iBooks and the iBooks Store.
- Learn how to use Automatic Downloads for purchased Apps, Music, and Books.
- Learn how to download previous purchases from the App Store, iBooks Store, and iTunes Store.