Change the name of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod
Learn how to change the name of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod.
Use an iOS device
- On your device, tap Settings > General > About.
- Tap the first line, which displays the name of your device.
- Rename your device using the on-screen keyboard, then tap Done.
Use your computer
- Connect your device to your computer.
- Open iTunes.
- Locate and click on your device.
- In the upper-left corner, next to the picture of your device, click the name of your device.
- Type the new name for your device, then press Return on your keyboard. iTunes automatically syncs your device.