Apple News is available in Australia, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Learn what's available in your country or region.
Explore the News app
- On your iPhone, open the News app. Then use the tabs at the bottom of the screen to navigate between different types of content.
- On your iPad or Mac, open the News app. Then use the sidebar to navigate between different types of content. Don't see the sidebar? Select the Sidebar button .
Today is your feed of top stories curated by Apple News editors, and stories from the channels and topics that you follow, like sports and local news. Your feed also shows you stories suggested by Siri and trending stories that are popular with other readers. As you read, Apple News learns your interests, then suggests stories that you might like.
You can read some Apple News stories for free in the Today feed. To access premium content, you need a subscription.
Subscribe to Apple News+ to read hundreds of magazines, newspapers, and digital publications in the News app.
Listen to Apple News Today daily news briefings for free, or subscribe to Apple News+ to listen to audio stories.1
View schedules, scores, stat leaders, and more. Follow your favorite teams to see personalized content like news and highlights.
On your iPhone, the Following tab shows all of the topics and channels that you follow and suggestions from Siri based on what you read. Here, you can also see your reading history, access your previously saved stories, and see all of your Favorites. Tap Puzzles to access daily crossword puzzles and mini crosswords with an Apple News+ subscription.2
On your iPad or Mac, all of these options appear in the sidebar.
- On your iPhone, select the Following tab. Then select the search field at the top of the screen.
- On your iPad or Mac, select the search field at the top of the sidebar.
Read a story
Browse Top Stories, Trending Stories, and more in the Today feed. Then select the story that you want to read.
- On your iPhone or iPad, open a story and select the More button . Then select the Share button to send the story to someone.
- On your Mac, open a story, then select the Share button at the top of the screen.
On your iPhone, iPad, or Mac, select the Save button at the top of the screen to save the story for later. You can find your saved stories in the Following tab on your iPhone or in the sidebar on your iPad or Mac.
Adjust text size
- On your iPhone, select the More button . Then select the Text Size button to adjust the font size.
- On your iPad, select the Text Size button to adjust the font size.
- On your Mac, select View in the menu bar. Then press and hold the Option key on your keyboard and choose Make Text Bigger or Make Text Smaller.
1. Available only on iPhone in the U.S.
2. Available only in the U.S.