The Apple News app is available in Australia, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Learn what's available in your country or region.
Explore the News app
To navigate the Apple News app:
- On your iPhone or iPod touch, use the tabs at the bottom of the screen.
- On your iPad or Mac, use the sidebar. Don't see the sidebar? Tap or click the sidebar button in the upper-left corner of the app.
Today shows you a feed of top stories curated by editors and stories from the channels and topics that you follow. Today also shows you stories suggested by Siri, trending stories that are popular with other readers, and more. As you read, Apple News learns your interests, then suggests stories you might like in Today.
Subscribe to Apple News+ to get access to hundreds of magazines, popular newspapers, and premium digital publishers in the News app.
Listen to Apple News Today daily news briefings (no subscription needed) or subscribe to Apple News+ to listen to audio stories.*
*Available only on iPhone and iPod touch in the U.S.
Following shows all the topics and channels that you follow, and suggestions from Siri based on what you read. Stories from the channels and topics that you follow appear in Today. You can also see your reading history and access your previously saved stories.
To see your reading history on iPhone or iPod touch, tap Following, then tap History. On your iPad or Mac, tap or click History in the sidebar.
To clear your reading history on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, tap Clear in the upper-right corner to see options to clear your reading history, clear information News uses to recommend stories, or clear both your reading history and recommendations. On your Mac, click News in the menu bar, then choose an option under Clear History.
You can also see your previously saved stories. On your iPhone or iPod touch, tap Following, then tap Saved Stories. On your iPad or Mac, tap or click Saved Stories in the sidebar.
You can also search for channels, topics, or stories. On your iPhone or iPod touch, tap the Search tab, then tap the search field at the top of the screen. On your iPad, tap the search field at the top of the sidebar. On your Mac, click the search field in the upper-right corner of the screen.
Read a story
Browse Top Stories and Trending Stories and more in the Today feed. Then tap or click the story you want to read.
Tap or click the arrow to return to the previous screen.
On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, tap the font button to adjust the font size. On your Mac, click View in the menu bar, press and hold the Option key on your keyboard, and choose Make Text Bigger or Make Text Smaller.
Share or save
Tap or click the Share button to send the story to a friend, save it for later, or follow or block the channel.
More ways to stay up to date with Apple News
- To use the latest features in the Apple News app, make sure that your device is up to date. Learn how to update to the latest version of iOS, the latest version of iPadOS, or the latest version of macOS.
- To see the top headlines and save them for later to read on a different device, use the Apple News app on your Apple Watch.
- Stay up to date with the latest stories with News widgets on your iPhone or iPod touch, on your iPad, or on your Mac.
- You can read the latest business headlines from Apple News in the Stocks app on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac in all countries and regions where Apple News is available.
- Get the Apple News email newsletter.
- You can listen to the news in your car.
- To distribute content in the Apple News app, sign up for News Publisher.
- To get access to hundreds of magazines, popular newspapers, and premium digital publishers in the News app, you can subscribe to Apple News+.
- You can also subscribe to some publisher content on an individual basis. Learn more about individual channel subscriptions in Apple News.
- If a story is in the wrong section, doesn't display correctly, or contains offensive language or content, you can report a concern about a news story.