Open Radio, then start listening
- On your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, Apple TV, Android device, or Chromebook: Open the Music app and go to Radio.
- On your PC: Open iTunes for Windows, choose Music from the pop-up menu, then click Radio in the navigation bar.
- On your Apple Watch Series 3 or later: Open the Radio app.
- On your HomePod: Ask Siri to play Beats 1 or a radio station.
Listen to Beats 1
Beats 1 is a 24-hour live radio station broadcast by Apple’s DJs in Los Angeles, New York, and London — and you don’t need an Apple Music subscription to listen. Tune in to enjoy live shows hosted by renowned artists and DJs, exclusive interviews, and discover new music from around the world.
Go to Radio in the Music app to listen to Beats 1 live, see upcoming shows, and browse previous broadcasts. Or ask Siri to play Beats 1 live or a recent episode.
Listen to radio stations
Tune in to your favorite radio stations, including your local ones, in the Music app.
- Go to Search.
- Search for the radio station by its name, call sign, frequency, or nickname.
- Tap or click the radio station to listen to it live.
You can also ask Siri to play a radio station.
Create custom stations and save songs
If you subscribe to Apple Music, you can create your very own station from the music that you love. And you can save songs that you hear from Beats 1 and custom stations.
- Create a custom station: Play an artist, song, or genre, go to Now Playing, tap or click , then choose Create Station. Or say "Hey Siri, start a station from," then say the name of a song, artist, or genre.
- Save a song: While listening to Beats 1 or a custom station, go to Now Playing, tap or click , then choose Add to Library. Or say "Hey Siri, add this song to my library."
You can't save songs from live radio broadcasts.