To read magazines in the News app, subscribe to Apple News+. Learn more about Apple News+ and Apple News+ pricing. To see what magazines are included with Apple News+, go to the News+ tab on iPhone or iPod touch or the News+ section of the sidebar on iPad or Mac, then tap or click "Browse the Catalog" at the top of the screen. (You can view the magazines before you subscribe.)
Apple News+ is available only in the United States and Canada. If you don't subscribe to Apple News+ or if you live in a country or region that has the News app but not Apple News+, you can still read the latest headlines and other stories.
After subscribing to Apple News+, you'll also have access to premium content from some newspaper publishers.
Apple News availability and features might vary by country and region. Learn what's available in your country or region.
Open the News app, then:
- On your iPhone or iPod touch, tap News+ at the bottom of the screen.
- On your iPad and Mac, tap or click News+ in the sidebar. If you don't see the sidebar, tap or click the Sidebar icon .
You can find the latest full issues of magazines that you follow and read featured stories in the News+ feed. To see all of the available publications or to browse by category, tap or click Browse the Catalog or a category at the top of the page.
Tap or click any issue to open it, and swipe or scroll to read through the issue.
If you want to go directly to a certain story or page, tap or click the small cover button in the lower-left corner to open the table of contents. Swipe or scroll to find the page or story that you want to go to, then tap or click it.
To read available back issues of a publication, search for the publication in the Following tab or sidebar, then tap or click it. You'll see recent issues at the top of the feed. Swipe left to browse available back issues.
You can follow a magazine's channel to get the latest issues automatically. Here's how:
- On your iPhone or iPod touch, tap the News+ tab, browse for a magazine in the categories at the top of the tab, then tap the blue FOLLOW button on the cover of the magazine. Or tap the Following tab, type the name of a magazine in the search bar, find the magazine in the list of results, and tap the Follow button .
- On your iPad or Mac, tap or click News+ in the sidebar, browse for a magazine in the categories at the top of the feed, then tap or click the blue FOLLOW button on the cover of the magazine. Or to search for a magazine, type the name of a magazine in the search bar, find the magazine in the list of results, then tap or click the Follow button.
You can also follow a magazine's channel while reading an issue. Tap or click the publication's logo at the top of the screen, then tap or click the Follow button .
After you follow a magazine, find new and recent issues in My Magazines in the News+ feed. New issues will automatically appear in My Magazines as they become available.
Manage downloaded issues
You can't delete an issue that you download to your device. New issues of magazines that you follow automatically download to your iOS device when you're connected to Wi-Fi (and have enough storage space). Automatically downloaded issues delete themselves after 30 days or sooner if storage space is limited. Manually downloaded issues won't delete unless storage space is limited.
- If you don't subscribe to Apple News+, you can read the latest headlines and stories in the News app. If you're an Apple News+ subscriber, you might also see some premium content in the Today tab.
- Apple News+ is a subscription that you can view or cancel at any time.
- If you're using Family Sharing and someone in your family group subscribes, you'll see a message that you have access to the subscription when you open the News app.