Change the name of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
To change the name of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, follow these steps:
- On your iOS device, go to Settings > General > About.
- Tap the first line, which shows the name of your device.
- Rename your device, then tap Done.
Change the name of your iPod classic, iPod nano, or iPod shuffle
- Connect your iOS device or iPod to your computer.
- Open iTunes.
- Locate and click your device.
- At the top of the left sidebar, click the name of your device.
- Enter the new name for your device, then press Return. iTunes automatically syncs your device.
You can also use these steps to change the name of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.