Apple News is available in Australia, Canada, the United Kingdom and the United States. Learn what's available in your country or region.
Explore the News app
- On your iPhone, open the News app. Then use the tabs at the bottom of the screen to navigate between different types of content.
- On your iPad or Mac, open the News app. Then use the sidebar to navigate between different types of content. Don't see the sidebar? Tap or click the Sidebar button .
Today is your feed of top stories curated by Apple News editors, and stories from the channels and topics you follow, such as sports and local news. Your feed also displays stories suggested by Siri and trending stories that are popular with other readers. While you're reading, Apple News will learn your interests and then suggest stories that you may like.
You can read some Apple News stories for free in the Today feed. To access premium content, you'll need a subscription.
Subscribe to Apple News+ to read hundreds of magazines, newspapers and digital publications in the News app.
Listen to Apple News Today daily news briefings (no subscription needed), or subscribe to Apple News+ to listen to audio stories.*
*Available only on iPhone and iPod touch in the US.
On your iPhone, the Following tab displays all of the topics and channels that you're following and suggestions from Siri based on what you read. Here, you can also see your reading history, access your previously saved stories and see all of your Favourites. On your iPad or Mac, all of these options appear in the sidebar.
- On your iPhone, tap the Search tab. Then tap the search field at the top of the screen.
- On your iPad or Mac, tap or click the search field at the top of the sidebar.
Read a story
Browse Top Stories, Trending Stories and more in the Today feed. Then tap or click the story that you want to read.
- On your iPhone or iPad, open a story and tap the More button. Then tap the Share button to send the story to a friend.
- On your Mac, open a story, then click the Share button at the top of the screen.
On your iPhone, iPad or Mac, tap or click the Save button at the top of the screen to save the story for later. You can find your saved stories in the Following tab on your iPhone or in the sidebar on your iPad or Mac.
Adjust text size
- On your iPhone or iPad, tap the Text Size button to adjust the font size.
- On your Mac, click View in the menu bar. Then press and hold the Option key on your keyboard, and choose Make Text Bigger or Make Text Smaller.