How to delete recent destinations or search history
- Open Maps.
- Tap the top of the Search bar and swipe up to show the search card.
- Swipe left over the entry, then tap Remove.
When you remove a location from your Maps history, it permanently deletes the destination from your list. If you have more than one device signed in with the same Apple ID, it will also delete the search history from those devices.
If you want to remove all of your past searches from your history but save a frequent location—such as a restaurant—learn how to add a favorite location.
How to edit significant locations
Your device keeps track of the places you've recently been, as well as how often and when you visited them. Maps uses this information to provide you with personalized services like predictive traffic routing. Learn more about privacy and location services.
To change your significant locations:
- Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services > Significant Locations.
- Enter your passcode, or use Touch ID or Face ID.
- Tap the location that you want to edit.
If you want to clear all history, tap Clear History. If you’re signed in to iCloud, this also clears your significant locations on any of your devices that are signed in with the same Apple ID.
Do more with Maps
- Use Maps to get directions with traffic information, explore new places, and more.
- Set up CarPlay to get directions.
- Learn how to use Maps on your iPhone and iPad with a Bluetooth accessory.