Before you begin
Check these things:
- Turn on Location Services. Go to Settings > Privacy, then select Location Services to turn it on.
- Make sure that Significant Locations is on. Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services > Significant Locations, then turn on Significant Locations. You may be asked to enter your passcode.
- Turn on Show Parked Location. Go to Settings > Maps, then turn on Show Parked Location.
- Make sure that your iPhone is paired to CarPlay or Bluetooth in your car.
Find your car
When you leave your vehicle, your iPhone disconnects from Bluetooth, which lets Maps mark the location of your car. To edit your car's location, open Maps and tap the Parked Car button or add a photo of where you parked.
When you’re ready to go back to your car, follow these steps:
- Open Maps.
- Tap the Search field, then choose Parked Car from the suggestions list.
- Tap Directions and choose Drive, Walk, Transit, or Ride.
- Select the route that you prefer. When you're ready, tap Go.
To remove a Parked Car pin, tap the Parked Car button on the map. Then swipe up on the menu card, and tap Remove Car. Maps won't mark your parked car if you frequently park in the same location, like at home or work.
Use Maps to get directions with real-time traffic information, explore and find new places with Siri, and more.