Get help with visual voicemail on your iPhone
Your iPhone might have one of these issues:
- When you tap the Voicemail button, iPhone calls voicemail instead of showing the visual voicemail list.
- You see duplicate or multiple copies of a voicemail message.
- When you tap a voicemail message to listen to it, nothing happens.
- You aren't alerted that you have a new voicemail message.
- A caller isn't given the option to leave a voicemail message.
- You can't delete a voicemail message.
If you notice one of the issues above, try these steps:
- Restart your iPhone.
- Check for a carrier settings update.
- Update your iPhone to the latest version of iOS.
- Make sure that your voicemail is set up. You can check this by dialing your phone number from your iPhone.
- Make sure that you have a good cellular network connection. You can check this by tying to make an outgoing call.
- Call your iPhone from another phone and try to leave yourself a voicemail.
- Reset your network settings by tapping Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
- Reset your voicemail password.
- Contact your carrier and make sure that you have the voicemail feature on your plan.
If you insert a new SIM card, you might lose the visual voicemails that are saved on your iPhone.
Last Modified: Sep 24, 2014