iTunes and iOS: Change the name of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod
Learn how to change the name of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod.
iPad, iPhone, iPod, iPod touch, iTunes 10
Follow the steps of your choice:
Using your computer
- Connect your device and open iTunes.
- In the source list (the left-hand column of iTunes), double-click the name of your device.
- Type the new name for your device and press Return on the keyboard.
- Sync the device (press Sync in the bottom right corner of the screen).
Using an iOS device
- On your device, tap Settings > General > About.
- Tap the first line, which should display the name of your device.
- Rename your device using the on-screen keyboard and tap Done.