A new Free Record transport button easily enables recording without a metronome, allowing any new content to follow the organic tempo of your performance.
The new Gain Tool provides quick and easy adjustments to the dB level of regions.
- Track Stacks allow an additional level of hierarchy, offering more flexibility and organization within projects.
- MIDI plug-ins can now be recorded, allowing precise editing of the resulting notes and controller data.
- Smart Tempo analysis of audio files and recordings have been significantly improved with a new ML-based system.
- The 35 stompboxes in Pedalboard are each available as individual plug-ins.
- Logic can use Personalized Spatial Audio profiles created with iOS 16.
- Support of 32 bit floating point format audio files for playback without conversion.
- Support for Ableton Link allows Logic playback to synchronize with supported software and hardware.
- New hard-hitting presets for Stereo Out channel strip will add punch to electronic and hip-hop productions.
Get complete step-by-step instructions and information on all the features in Logic. For a detailed list of enhancements and fixes in current and previous versions of Logic, refer to the Logic Pro release notes.
New in Logic 10.7
Spatial Audio Authoring with Dolby Atmos
- Transform your music into a spatial audio mix and create Dolby Atmos files compatible with Apple Music.
- Work with an enhanced mixer that supports metering and panning for speaker configurations up to 7.1.4.
- Position sounds within an immersive sound field using the new 3D Object Panner.
- Use the integrated Dolby Atmos renderer plug-in to visualize the 3D objects in your mix, and monitor in multi-channel mode for discrete speakers or binaural mode for headphones.
- Access 13 plug-ins that have been expanded to support 7.1.4 channels including Space Designer, Limiter, Tremolo, Flanger, and Phaser.
- Eight Producer Packs with royalty-free sounds from today’s biggest hitmakers including Boys Noize, Mark Lettieri, Mark Ronson, Oak Felder, Soulection, Take A Daytrip, Tom Misch, and TRAKGIRL.
- Sound Packs feature slap house, modern ambient, and a collection of 808 drum kits, bass samples, and loops.
- Adds a total of 2800 loops, 50 kits, and 120 Patches.
- Original multi-track project of the hit song Montero by Lil Nas X, including a Dolby Atmos spatial audio mix.
- Refined new design.
- Expanded tools for Step Sequencer that enable live step recording, melodic drum pattern editing, and more.
New in Logic 10.6
Improved performance and efficiency on Mac computers with Apple silicon.
New in Logic Pro 10.5
- Perform and capture free-form arrangement ideas into the tracks area.
- Add Remix FX to perform creative effects like filters, gates, repeaters, and downsampling.
- Use Logic Remote on your iPad or iPhone to perform Live Loops and Remix FX using Multi-Touch gestures to trigger several loops or effects simultaneously.
- Create sophisticated multi-sampled instrument using a drag and drop workflow.
- New modern design provides synthesis, mapping, and zone editing in a single window interface.
- Integrated zone editor offers detailed control over start, end and loop points.
- Mapping editor enables fast and flexible assignment of samples across the keyboard.
- Flex Time has been integrated into Sampler allowing sounds to be played at the same length, regardless of pitch.
- Auto Sampler automates the process of converting MIDI-enabled hardware and software instruments into Sampler instruments.
- Supports all existing EXS24 instruments.
- Import a single audio file to instantly build a playable sampled instrument.
- Quick Sampler automatically identifies the root note, optimal loop points, and trims silence from an imported sample.
- Use Slice mode to chop a vocal or drum sample into multiple slices that can be triggered on a keyboard.
- Record live samples using a microphone, external hardware, or from any track or bus.
Drum Machine Designer
- Use Drum Machine Designer to build custom drum kits by dragging and organizing samples.
- Directly access Quick Sampler or Drum Synth controls on any pad.
- Easily assign any instrument or third-party plug-in to a pad.
- Perform any sound chromatically to create bass lines or other melodic parts.
- Create and edit patterns with discrete control over velocity, repeat, chance, offset, step rate, skip and tie for each row.
- Use any patch as a sound source, including custom kits made with Quick Sampler and Drum Machine Designer.
- Includes a library of over 150 rhythmic and melodic patterns.
- Over 2,500 new loops in a variety of instruments and genres covering modern and classic hip-hop, electro house, reggaeton, future bass, techno, and transition effects.
- 17 Live Loops starter grids covering a range of electronic and hip-hop genres.
- More than 70 new Drum Machine Designer kits.
- Over 1,500 new patches.
- Original multi-track project of Billie Eilish's "Ocean Eyes."
- The Drum Synth plug-in generates synthesized kicks, snares, toms, cymbals, and hi-hats with dedicated sound shaping controls.
- Individual or multiple audio files or software instrument regions can be dragged into an empty track header to provide instant options for creating Sampler, Quick Sampler, Drum Machine Designer, or Alchemy instruments.
- Multiple additional enhancements and stability improvements.
New in Logic 10.4.5
- Send MIDI beat clock to individual ports, each with unique settings like timing offset and plug-in delay compensation.
- Logic only loads the plug-ins and software instruments needed to play the project, which helps projects open faster.
- All-new DeEsser 2 plug-in provides more options to reduce sibilance on audio tracks.
- The Loop Browser can filter by loop type and allows drag and drop of multiple loops into your project simultaneously.
- Use the new Pressed filter button in the Key Commands window to see if a key combination already has a command assigned to it.
- Improves responsiveness of the Mixer and Event List when working with large sessions.
- Projects with numerous Flex Time edits and tempo changes perform more efficiently.
- Optimizes performance for Mac Pro including support for up to 56 processing threads.
- This update also contains additional stability and performance improvements.
Increased Number of Tracks and Channels, up to:
- 1000 stereo audio channel strips
- 1000 software instrument channel strips
- 1000 auxiliary channel strips
- 1000 external MIDI tracks
- 12 sends per channel strip
New in Logic 10.4.2
- Relocate the Sound Library to an external storage device to save space on your Mac
- A Mixer enhancement that allows easier configuration of headphone mixes, and also allows sends to be panned independently from the channel.
- Smart Tempo can analyze tempo data across multi-track recordings to define the Project Tempo.
- Imported multi-track stems can follow or define Project Tempo.
- Smart Tempo now analyzes the tempo of MIDI performances recorded without a metronome.
- Alchemy provides drag and drop hot zones that let you select re-synthesis and sampling options while importing audio.
- Alchemy allows numerical editing of parameter values.
- Dragging one automation point over another now aligns them vertically.
- Automatic Slurs can be applied to selected notes in the Score Editor.
- Add a photo to track or project notes to help remember key session details or studio hardware settings.
- This update also contains numerous stability and performance improvements.
New in Logic Pro X 10.4
- ChromaVerb is a sophisticated new algorithmic reverb with a colorful, interactive interface for creating rich acoustic spaces.
- Space Designer has been redesigned with a new scalable Retina-enabled interface.
- Step FX adds rhythmic multi-effect processing using three powerful step sequencers and an X/Y pad.
- Phat FX makes your tracks bigger and bolder using nine effects that add warmth and punch to your sounds.
- The Vintage EQ Collection provides 3 accurate models of vintage analog EQs from the 1950s to the 1970s.
- Mellotron is now available as a standalone instrument plug-in.
- Retro Synth now offers 18 different filter models.
- Studio instruments feature deeply sampled, realistic ensemble instruments with custom articulation controls.
- Two new Drummers play roots and jazz-influenced brush styles.
- Two vintage brush kits for Drum Kit Designer.
- More than 800 new loops in a variety of instruments and genres.
- New Visions library for Alchemy adds 150 cinematic presets.
- With Smart Tempo, record audio without a click and have your performance define your project tempo, and automatically combine content together regardless of original tempos.
- Undo and redo adjustments to the Mixer, to all plug-ins included with Logic Pro, and to some third-party plug-ins.
- The Files Browser now allows you to bookmark locations for your favorite folders containing samples or projects.
- In addition to Apple Loops, the Loop Browser now supports Untagged Loops, which can be previewed in sync with project tempo and then added to a project.
- A new universal design for controlling articulations provides a consistent interface for Logic and third-party instruments.
New in Logic Pro X 10.3.2
- Add new Drummer Loops to your project and then customize them with performance controls.
- Includes three Drummers who play percussion in the styles of Pop, Songwriter, and Latin.
- Transpose or fine tune the pitch of an audio region.
- Adjust the length of individual steps in the Arpeggiator plug-in.
- Improved responsiveness of the graphical user interface.
- Alchemy includes an automatic time align feature for improved morphing.
- New additive effects in Alchemy expand the options for filtering and modulating sound.
- Volume automation resets as expected when a cycle returns to the beginning.
- Low Latency Mode works as expected for hardware outputs above Output 1-2.