Relocate the Sound Library to an external storage device to save space on your Mac
Sends on fader
A Mixer enhancement that allows easier configuration of headphone mixes, and also allows sends to be panned independently from the channel
- Smart Tempo can analyze tempo data across multi-track recordings to define the Project Tempo. Learn more
- Imported multi-track stems can follow or define Project Tempo. Learn more
- Smart Tempo now analyzes the tempo of MIDI performances recorded without a metronome. Learn more
- Alchemy provides drag and drop hot zones that let you select re-synthesis and sampling options while importing audio.
- Alchemy allows numerical editing of parameter values.
- Dragging one automation point over another now aligns them vertically.
- Automatic Slurs can be applied to selected notes in the Score Editor.
- Add a photo to track or project notes to help remember key session details or studio hardware settings.
- This update also contains numerous stability and performance improvements.
Get complete step-by-step instructions and information on all the features in Logic Pro X. For a detailed list of enhancements and fixes in current and previous versions of Logic Pro X, refer to the Logic Pro X release notes.
What's New in Logic Pro X 10.4
- ChromaVerb is a sophisticated new algorithmic reverb with a colorful, interactive interface for creating rich acoustic spaces. Learn more
- Space Designer has been redesigned with a new scalable Retina-enabled interface.
- Step FX adds rhythmic multi-effect processing using three powerful step sequencers and an X/Y pad.
- Phat FX makes your tracks bigger and bolder using nine effects that add warmth and punch to your sounds.
- The Vintage EQ Collection provides 3 accurate models of vintage analog EQs from the 1950s to the 1970s. Learn more
- Mellotron is now available as a standalone instrument plug-in.
- Retro Synth now offers 18 different filter models.
- Studio instruments feature deeply sampled, realistic ensemble instruments with custom articulation controls. Learn more
- Two new Drummers play roots and jazz-influenced brush styles.
- Two vintage brush kits for Drum Kit Designer.
- More than 800 new loops in a variety of instruments and genres.
- New Visions library for Alchemy adds 150 cinematic presets.
- With Smart Tempo, record audio without a click and have your performance define your project tempo, and automatically combine content together regardless of original tempos. Learn more
- Undo and redo adjustments to the Mixer, to all plug-ins included with Logic Pro, and to some third-party plug-ins. Learn more
- The Files Browser now allows you to bookmark locations for your favorite folders containing samples or projects.
- In addition to Apple Loops, the Loop Browser now supports Untagged Loops, which can previewed in sync with project tempo and then added to a project.
- A new universal design for controlling articulations provides a consistent interface for Logic and third-party instruments.
What's New in Logic Pro X 10.3.2
- Add new Drummer Loops to your project and then customize them with performance controls. Learn more
- Includes three Drummers who play percussion in the styles of Pop, Songwriter, and Latin. Learn more
- Transpose or fine tune the pitch of an audio region. Learn more
- Adjust the length of individual steps in the Arpeggiator plug-in. Learn more
- Improved responsiveness of the graphical user interface.
- Alchemy includes an automatic time align feature for improved morphing.
- New additive effects in Alchemy expand the options for filtering and modulating sound.
- Volume automation resets as expected when a cycle returns to the beginning.
- Low Latency Mode works as expected for hardware outputs above Output 1-2.