Automatically detect and track faces or objects and match their movement with shapes, text, emitters, or other Motion elements.
Slice Scale Filter
Divide an image into slices to prevent distortion when scaling.
Optimized for Mac Studio
Experience unrivaled playback and graphics performance with optimizations for M1 Max and M1 Ultra on the new Mac Studio.
Get complete step-by-step how-to instructions and information on all features in Motion. For a detailed list of enhancements and fixes in Motion, refer to the Motion release notes.
New in Motion 5.6
- Automatically detect and track faces or objects and match their movement with shapes, text, emitters, or other Motion elements.
- Add or delete focus points and change the intensity of the depth effect for videos shot in Cinematic mode on iPhone 13 (requires macOS Monterey).
- Easily add a neon glow to text, shapes, video, stills, and more with the Neon filter.
- Experience workstation-class playback and graphics performance with optimizations for MacBook Pro models with the M1 Pro or the M1 Max chip.
New in Motion 5.5.2
- Improved performance and efficiency on Mac computers with Apple silicon.
- Import USDZ models or choose from a collection of 3D objects in the Motion library and animate their position, rotation, and scale. Learn more
- Outline the edge of an object, text, or clip with a solid color or gradient. Learn more
New in Motion 5.4.4
- Metal-based processing engine improves playback, rendering, and compositing.
- Create 8K motion graphics by harnessing the power of multiple GPUs, up to 28 CPU cores, and Afterburner with Mac Pro (2019).
- View stunning HDR titles and effects with Apple Pro Display XDR.
New in Motion 5.4.3
- Detect media files that require conversion to be compatible with future versions of macOS after macOS Mojave. Learn more
- Color grade with powerful color wheels, color curves, and hue/saturation curves. Learn more
- Turn any photo or video into a colorful or monochromatic comic book illustration. Learn more
- Create unique distortions by applying the Tiny Planet effect to 360º video in standard projects. Learn more
New in Motion 5.4.2
- Create motion graphics that accurately display and animate foreign language text, symbols, and emoji.
New in Motion 5.4.1
- Design motion graphics using pristine video captured in the new ProRes RAW format. Learn more
- Work natively with ProRes RAW or ProRes RAW HQ files created by ATOMOS recorders and DJI Inspire 2 drone.
New in Motion 5.4
- Create and deliver immersive 360° motion graphics with live output to a VR headset. Learn more
- Easily convert project types at any time to switch between titles, generators, effects, and transitions. Learn more
- Build realistic spring-loaded animations without the need for complex keyframes. Learn more
- Choose from a variety of photographic-inspired looks, including Instant, Chrome, and Transfer. Learn more
- Apply 360° effects including blurs, glows, and more.
- Save any 360° motion graphic and access it immediately from the effects browser in Final Cut Pro.
- Create 3D scenes within a 360° project for ultra-realistic 360° environments.
- Edit 360° video into a non-360° project and animate the pan, tilt, and zoom.
- Place any graphic, still, or video into a 360° project, then reposition and resize to fit perfectly into the 360° scene.
- Use the 360° Look Around view to preview your 360° scene without a VR headset.
- Import, playback, and editing of High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC, also known as H.265) video clips and High Efficiency Image Format (HEIF) photos from Apple devices.*
* HEVC and HEIF support requires macOS High Sierra or later