Optimized for Apple silicon
Improved performance and efficiency on Mac computers with Apple silicon.
Import USDZ (Universal Scene Description) models or choose from a collection of 3D objects in the Motion library and animate their position, rotation, and scale.
Outline the edge of an object, text, or clip with a solid color or gradient.
Get complete step-by-step how-to instructions and information on all features in Motion. For a detailed list of enhancements and fixes in Motion, refer to the Motion release notes.
New in Motion 5.4.4
- Metal-based processing engine improves playback, rendering, and compositing.
- Create 8K motion graphics by harnessing the power of multiple GPUs, up to 28 CPU cores, and Afterburner with Mac Pro (2019).
- View stunning HDR titles and effects with Apple Pro Display XDR.
New in Motion 5.4.3
- Detect media files that require conversion to be compatible with future versions of macOS after macOS Mojave. Learn more
- Color grade with powerful color wheels, color curves, and hue/saturation curves. Learn more
- Turn any photo or video into a colorful or monochromatic comic book illustration. Learn more
- Create unique distortions by applying the Tiny Planet effect to 360º video in standard projects. Learn more
New in Motion 5.4.2
- Create motion graphics that accurately display and animate foreign language text, symbols, and emoji.
New in Motion 5.4.1
- Design motion graphics using pristine video captured in the new ProRes RAW format. Learn more
- Work natively with ProRes RAW or ProRes RAW HQ files created by ATOMOS recorders and DJI Inspire 2 drone.
New in Motion 5.4
- Create and deliver immersive 360° motion graphics with live output to a VR headset. Learn more
- Easily convert project types at any time to switch between titles, generators, effects, and transitions. Learn more
- Build realistic spring-loaded animations without the need for complex keyframes. Learn more
- Choose from a variety of photographic-inspired looks, including Instant, Chrome, and Transfer. Learn more
- Apply 360° effects including blurs, glows, and more.
- Save any 360° motion graphic and access it immediately from the effects browser in Final Cut Pro.
- Create 3D scenes within a 360° project for ultra-realistic 360° environments.
- Edit 360° video into a non-360° project and animate the pan, tilt, and zoom.
- Place any graphic, still, or video into a 360° project, then reposition and resize to fit perfectly into the 360° scene.
- Use the 360° Look Around view to preview your 360° scene without a VR headset.
- Import, playback, and editing of High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC, also known as H.265) video clips and High Efficiency Image Format (HEIF) photos from Apple devices.*
* HEVC and HEIF support requires macOS High Sierra or later