Apple Watch User Guide
- What’s new
- Apps on Apple Watch
- Open apps
- Organize apps
- Get more apps
- Tell time
- Status icons
- Control Center
- Use Focus
- Adjust brightness, text size, sounds, and haptics
- See and respond to notifications
- Change notification settings
- Manage your Apple ID
- Use shortcuts
- Set up Handwashing
- Connect Apple Watch to a Wi-Fi network
- Connect to Bluetooth headphones or speakers
- Hand off tasks from Apple Watch
- Unlock your Mac with Apple Watch
- Unlock your iPhone with Apple Watch
- Use Apple Watch without its paired iPhone
- Use your Apple Watch with a cellular network
- Blood Oxygen
- Camera Remote
- Now Playing
- Voice Memos
- About Wallet
- Apple Pay
- Set up Apple Pay
- Make purchases
- Send, receive, and request money with Apple Watch (U.S. only)
- Manage Apple Cash (U.S. only)
- Use Wallet for passes
- Use rewards cards
- Pay with Apple Watch on Mac
- Ride transit
- Use your driver’s license or state ID
- Use digital keys
- Use COVID-19 vaccination cards
- World Clock
- Set up Apple Watch using VoiceOver
- Apple Watch basics with VoiceOver
- Apple Watch Mirroring
- Control nearby devices
- Use a braille display
- Use a Bluetooth keyboard
- Tell time with haptic feedback
- Adjust text size and other visual settings
- Adjust motor skills settings
- Set up and use RTT
- Accessibility audio settings
- Use accessibility features with Siri
- The Accessibility Shortcut
Use transit cards with Apple Watch
On your Apple Watch, you can use a transit card with Apple Pay where accepted to pay your fare. See the Apple Support article Ride transit with Apple Pay.
Note: Apple Pay may not be available in all areas, and Apple Pay features may vary by area.
If a preferred card is not required by a transit system, you can use a payment card in Wallet to pay for transit without double-clicking the side button. To choose a card for Express Transit and use it to pay for transit, follow these steps:
Open the Settings app on your Apple Watch.
Tap Wallet & Apple Pay, then tap Express Mode.
Tap the card you want to use, then enter your Apple Watch passcode.
As you approach a fare gate or board the bus, make sure your Apple Watch is turned on (it doesn’t need to be connected to a network).
Hold your Apple Watch display within a few centimeters of the middle of the contactless reader until you feel a vibration. You see Done and a checkmark on the display.
You can also open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, tap My Watch, tap Wallet & Apple Pay, then tap Express Transit Card. Under Payment Cards, tap the card you want to use, then enter the Apple Watch passcode on your watch.
Download this guide: Apple Books | PDF