Apple Watch User Guide
- What’s new
- Apple Watch gestures
- Set up and pair your Apple Watch with iPhone
- Set up more than one Apple Watch
- Pair Apple Watch with a new iPhone
- The Apple Watch app
- Charge Apple Watch
- Turn on and wake Apple Watch
- Lock or unlock Apple Watch
- Change language and orientation on Apple Watch
- Remove, change, and fasten Apple Watch bands
- Apps on Apple Watch
- Open apps
- Organize apps
- Get more apps
- Tell time
- Status icons
- Control Center
- Use Focus
- Adjust brightness, text size, sounds, and haptics
- See and respond to notifications
- Change notification settings
- Use the Smart Stack to show timely widgets
- Manage your Apple ID
- Use shortcuts
- Set up Handwashing
- Connect Apple Watch to a Wi-Fi network
- Connect to Bluetooth headphones or speakers
- Hand off tasks from Apple Watch
- Unlock your Mac with Apple Watch
- Unlock your iPhone with Apple Watch
- Use Apple Watch without its paired iPhone
- Set up and use cellular service on Apple Watch
- Get started with Apple Fitness+
- Subscribe to Apple Fitness+
- Find Fitness+ workouts and meditations
- Start a Fitness+ workout or meditation
- Create a Custom Plan in Apple Fitness+
- Work out together using SharePlay
- Change what’s on the screen during a Fitness+ workout or meditation
- Download a Fitness+ workout
- Blood Oxygen
- Camera Remote
- Now Playing
- Voice Memos
- About Wallet
- Apple Pay
- Set up Apple Pay
- Make purchases
- Send, receive, and request money with Apple Watch (U.S. only)
- Manage Apple Cash (U.S. only)
- Use Wallet for passes
- Use rewards cards
- Pay with Apple Watch on Mac
- Ride transit
- Use your driver’s license or state ID
- Use digital keys
- Use COVID-19 vaccination cards
- Get started with the Workout app on Apple Watch
- What’s new in Workout
- Go cycling
- Go for a swim
- Change settings in Workout
- World Clock
- Set up Apple Watch using VoiceOver
- Apple Watch basics with VoiceOver
- Apple Watch Mirroring
- Control nearby devices
- Use a braille display
- Use a Bluetooth keyboard
- Tell time with haptic feedback
- Adjust text size and other visual settings
- Adjust motor skills settings
- Set up and use RTT
- Accessibility audio settings
- Live Speech
- Use accessibility features with Siri
- The Accessibility Shortcut
Access your car, home, and hotel room with keys in Wallet on Apple Watch
In the Wallet app on your Apple Watch, you can store keys to your car, home, and hotel room.
Unlock and start your car
With a compatible car and a digital car key in Apple Wallet, you can unlock, lock, and start your car using your iPhone or Apple Watch (Series 6 and later).
See the Apple Support article Add your car key to Apple Wallet on your iPhone or Apple Watch.
Unlock your home
With a compatible smart lock and a home key in Wallet, you can unlock your door with just a tap of your iPhone or Apple Watch. You add a home key to Apple Wallet with the Home app on your iPhone.
When you have a home key on your iPhone or Apple Watch, just place your device near the lock to unlock it. You can use the Home app or an app from the lock’s manufacturer to share access with other people.
To set up a home key, follow these steps:
Add a supported lock to the Home app on your iPhone.
Choose an unlocking option.
Express Mode: Unlock the door just by holding your iPhone or Apple Watch near the lock.
Require Face ID or Passcode: Hold your device near the lock, then use Face ID or Touch ID to unlock it.
Choose automations such as Lock After Door Closes and Lock When Leaving Home.
If the lock you add supports HomeKit, all residents of your household receive the home key automatically.
See Unlock your door with a home key on iPhone in the iPhone User Guide.
Unlock your hotel room
At participating hotels, you can add your room key to Apple Wallet from the hotel provider’s app, check in without going to the lobby, and use your iPhone or Apple Watch to unlock your room.
See the Apple Support article Add a hotel room key to Apple Wallet on your iPhone.
Download this guide: | PDF