Compatibility detection and conversion
Detect and convert media files that may not be compatible with future versions of macOS after macOS Mojave
Extend the capabilities of Final Cut Pro with powerful third-party apps that are integrated directly into the interface.
Export multiple clips or projects in one step.
Video noise reduction
Remove visual noise from archival or low light video.
Get complete step-by-step how-to instructions and information on all features in Final Cut Pro X. For a detailed list of enhancements and fixes in Final Cut Pro X, refer to the Final Cut Pro X release notes.
New in Final Cut Pro 10.4.4
- View source and project timecode in a resizable floating window. Learn more
- Open the Comparison Viewer to reference other frames for consistent color grading across your project.
- Select the Tiny Planet mapping option when adding 360º video to a non-360° project to create interesting spherical looks and animations. Learn more
- View, edit, and deliver closed captions in the SRT format, which is used by a wide range of websites including Facebook. Learn more
- Choose to burn closed captions into your video to ensure they appear at all times during playback.
- When dragging in the timeline to select a secondary storyline, you can now choose to select individual clips or the entire secondary storyline.
New in Final Cut Pro 10.4
- Create and deliver immersive 360° films with titles, effects, and live output to a VR headset. Learn more
- Grade and deliver High Dynamic Range (HDR) video with live output to an HDR monitor. Learn more
- Color grade with powerful new color wheels, color curves, and hue/saturation curves. Learn more
- Start your project with iMovie for iOS, then import it into Final Cut Pro to finish editing. Learn more
- Import, playback, and editing of High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC, also known as H.265) video clips and High Efficiency Image Format (HEIF) photos from Apple devices.*
- Send to Compressor to export video projects in the HEVC format.
- Adjust audio using effects plug-ins from Logic Pro X with redesigned, resizable interfaces.
- Support for Canon Cinema RAW Light format with additional software from Canon.
- Faster Optical Flow analysis using Metal 2.
- Support for NFS-based libraries and media.
- XML 1.7 with support for new color grading controls, 360 VR effects, and HDR.
* HEVC and HEIF support requires macOS High Sierra or later