iMovie User Guide
- What is iMovie?
- Create a new movie project
- Work with projects
- Add or change a movie theme
- Add clips
- Trim clips
- Move and split clips
- Adjust Cinematic mode video clips
- Add maps and backgrounds
- Automatically enhance clips
- Adjust a clip’s color
- Stabilize shaky clips
- Add video effects
- Add freeze frames
- Change clip speed
- Add an instant replay
- Copy effects between clips
- Update projects from earlier versions
- Import projects created on iPhone or iPad
- Send projects to Final Cut Pro
- Memory cards and cables
Rotate clips in iMovie on Mac
You can rotate a clip or photo before or after adding it to your movie.
In the iMovie app on your Mac, select a clip or photo in the browser or the timeline.
To show the cropping controls, click the Cropping button.
Do one of the following:
Rotate the clip clockwise: Click the Rotate Clockwise button on the right side of the cropping controls.
Rotate the clip counterclockwise: Click the Rotate Counterclockwise button on the right side of the cropping controls.
To apply the change, click the Apply button in the cropping controls.
To reset all crop and rotation adjustments, click the Reset button.
Thanks for your feedback.