Import, view, edit and deliver closed captions.
Edit and grade pristine video captured in the new ProRes RAW format.
Configure video, audio channels and closed captions in the new Roles tab.
Get complete step-by-step how-to instructions and information on all features in Final Cut Pro X. For a detailed list of enhancements and fixes in Final Cut Pro X, refer to the Final Cut Pro X release notes.
New in Final Cut Pro 10.4
- Create and deliver immersive 360° films with titles, effects, and live output to a VR headset. Learn more
- Grade and deliver High Dynamic Range (HDR) video with live output to an HDR monitor. Learn more
- Color grade with powerful new color wheels, color curves, and hue/saturation curves. Learn more
- Start your project with iMovie for iOS, then import it into Final Cut Pro to finish editing. Learn more
- Import, playback, and editing of High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC, also known as H.265) video clips and High Efficiency Image Format (HEIF) photos from Apple devices*
- Send to Compressor to export video projects in the HEVC format
- Adjust audio using effects plug-ins from Logic Pro X with redesigned, resizable interfaces
- Support for Canon Cinema RAW Light format with additional software from Canon
- Faster Optical Flow analysis using Metal 2
- Support for NFS-based libraries and media
- XML 1.7 with support for new color grading controls, 360 VR effects, and HDR
* HEVC and HEIF support requires macOS High Sierra