Duplicate Clip Detection
Quickly locate media that appears more than once in a project using highlighted clip ranges or the Timeline Index
Improve the clarity of speech by adjusting the level of background noise using machine learning (requires macOS Monterey).
Optimised for Mac Studio
Experience unrivaled playback and graphics performance with optimisations for M1 Max and M1 Ultra on the new Mac Studio.
Get complete step-by-step how-to instructions and information on all features in Final Cut Pro. For a detailed list of enhancements and fixes in Final Cut Pro, refer to the Final Cut Pro release notes.
New in Final Cut Pro 10.6
- Drag effects, titles or graphics into the viewer to automatically detect, track and match the movement of faces or objects.
- Add or delete focus points and change the intensity of the depth effect for videos shot in Cinematic mode on iPhone 13 (requires macOS Monterey).
- Experience workstation-class playback and graphics performance with optimisations for MacBook Pro models with the M1 Pro or the M1 Max chip.
New in Final Cut Pro 10.5.3
- Improved performance and efficiency on Mac computers with Apple silicon.
- Create and save custom column views, and edit them with the new column editor. Learn more
- Search for media using expanded criteria including clip text, markers and notes. Learn more
- Quickly sort clips by proxy, optimised or missing media types. Learn more
New in Final Cut Pro 10.5
New in Final Cut Pro 10.4.9
New in Final Cut Pro 10.4.7
- Metal-based processing engine improves playback and accelerates rendering, compositing and exporting.
- Harness the power of Mac Pro — multiple GPUs, up to 28 CPU cores and Afterburner card.
- View stunning High Dynamic Range video when using Apple Pro Display XDR. Learn more
- Select which internal or external GPU is used for graphics processing. Learn more
New in Final Cut Pro 10.4.6
- Detect and convert media files that may not be compatible with future versions of macOS after macOS Mojave. Learn more
- Extend the capabilities of Final Cut Pro with powerful third-party apps that are integrated directly into the interface. Learn more
- Export multiple clips or projects in one step. Learn more
- Remove visual noise from archival or low-light video. Learn more
New in Final Cut Pro 10.4.4
- View source and project timecode in a resizable floating window. Learn more
- Open the Comparison Viewer to reference other frames for consistent colour grading across your project.
- Select the Tiny Planet mapping option when adding 360º video to a non-360° project to create interesting spherical looks and animations. Learn more
- View, edit and deliver closed captions in the SRT format, which is used by a wide range of websites, including Facebook. Learn more
- Choose to burn closed captions into your video to ensure they appear at all times during playback.
- When dragging in the timeline to select a secondary storyline, you can now choose to select individual clips or the entire secondary storyline.
New in Final Cut Pro 10.4.1
New in Final Cut Pro 10.4
- Create and deliver immersive 360° films with titles, effects and live output to a VR headset. Learn more
- Grade and deliver High Dynamic Range (HDR) video with live output to an HDR monitor. Learn more
- Colour grade with powerful new colour wheels, colour curves and hue/saturation curves. Learn more
- Start your project with iMovie for iOS, then import it into Final Cut Pro to finish editing. Learn more
- Import, playback and editing of High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC, also known as H.265) video clips and High Efficiency Image Format (HEIF) photos from Apple devices.*
- Send to Compressor to export video projects in the HEVC format.
- Adjust audio using effects plug-ins from Logic Pro X with redesigned, resizable interfaces.
- Support for Canon Cinema RAW Light format with additional software from Canon.
- Faster Optical Flow analysis using Metal 2.
- Support for NFS-based libraries and media.
- XML 1.7 with support for new colour grading controls, 360 VR effects and HDR.
* HEVC and HEIF support requires macOS High Sierra or later