iCloud: Using your @icloud.com email address
Learn about sending and receiving email using your @icloud.com email address.
Depending on when you created your iCloud account, your iCloud email addresses and aliases may end with @icloud.com, @me.com or @mac.com. No matter which address you choose to send email from, you will continue to receive all email sent to your @me.com, @mac.com, or @icloud.com email addresses in your iCloud inbox.
How to send email from your @icloud.com address
- Open Mail and begin composing a new email.
- If you only have an @icloud.com address, your address is displayed in the “Cc/Bcc, From” field (iOS) or the “From” pop-up menu (OS X and iCloud.com).
- If you have multiple email addresses (for example, @icloud.com and other email aliases), you may need to select your @icloud.com address:
- iOS: Tap the “Cc/Bcc, From” field, tap the “From” field, then choose your @icloud.com address.
- OS X: Choose your @icloud.com address from the “From” pop-up menu.
- iCloud.com: Choose your @icloud.com address from the “From” pop-up menu.
- Finish composing your message and send it.
How to make an @icloud.com address your default sending and receiving address
To make your @icloud.com address the default address for sending and receiving email from your iCloud account, follow the steps below for each device that you use to send and receive email.
iOS 6 or later
- Go to Settings > iCloud > Account, then tap Mail under Advanced.
- Under iCloud Account Information, tap your email address.
- From the list of addresses available, tap the @icloud.com email address that you want to use as the default address for sending mail from iCloud Mail.
OS X v10.7.2 or later
- Go to Mail > Preferences, then click Composing.
- Click “Send new messages from” and select the @icloud.com email address that you want to use.
- In iCloud Mail, choose Preferences from the Action (gear) pop-up menu in the sidebar.
- Click Composing.
- Choose the @icloud.com address that you want to use from the “Set a default address” pop-up menu.
- Outlook 2007: Choose Tools > Account Settings. Select the Email tab, then select your @icloud.com email address from the list. Click “Set as default”.
- Outlook 2010 and Outlook 2013: Choose File > Info > Account Settings. Select the Email tab, then select your @icloud.com email address from the list. Click “Set as default”.