Numbers User Guide for iPad
- Intro to Numbers
- Intro to images, charts and other objects
- Create a spreadsheet
- Open spreadsheets
- Prevent accidental editing
- Personalise templates
- Use sheets
- Undo or redo changes
- Save your spreadsheet
- Find a spreadsheet
- Delete a spreadsheet
- Print a spreadsheet
- Change the sheet background
- Copy text and objects between apps
- Touchscreen basics
- Use Apple Pencil with Numbers
- Wrap text to fit in a cell
- Highlight cells
- Alphabetise or sort data in a table
- Filter data
- Modify chart data
- Move and resize charts
- Select text and place the insertion point
- Change the look of text
- Use text styles
- Format lists
- Add and edit equations
- Add links
- Change object transparency
- Fill objects with colour or an image
- Add a border to an object or sheet
- Add a caption or title
- Add a reflection or shadow
- Use object styles
- Resize, rotate and flip objects
- Use iCloud with Numbers
- Import an Excel or text file
- Export to Excel or another file format
- Restore an earlier version of a spreadsheet
- Move a spreadsheet
- Password-protect a spreadsheet
- Create and manage custom templates
Highlight text in Numbers on iPad
You can highlight text in text boxes and in shapes. These highlights aren’t visible in printed spreadsheets.
When multiple people are working on a spreadsheet, each person’s highlights appear in a unique colour. To learn how to change your colour, see Set your author name for comments in Numbers on iPad.
Tip: If you want highlights that are visible in your final spreadsheet, add a background colour to text in any colour. This type of highlight isn’t included with Numbers review tools.
Add or remove a highlight
You can highlight text everywhere except in charts and table cells.
Add a highlight: Select text, then tap Highlight.
Remove a highlight: Double-tap the highlighted text, then tap Remove Highlight.
Note: If the spreadsheet is shared with others, only you and the spreadsheet owner can delete your highlight. If someone else adds a comment to your highlight, the author name and colour of the highlight changes to the comment’s author, and you can’t delete the comment.
Highlights added this way aren’t visible in printed or PDF documents. To add permanent highlights, see Add a background colour to text.
Add a comment to highlighted text
Tap the highlighted text.
Tap “Add a comment,” then type your comment.