Numbers User Guide for iPad
- Intro to Numbers
- Intro to images, charts and other objects
- Create a spreadsheet
- Open spreadsheets
- Prevent accidental editing
- Personalise templates
- Use sheets
- Undo or redo changes
- Save your spreadsheet
- Find a spreadsheet
- Delete a spreadsheet
- Print a spreadsheet
- Change the sheet background
- Copy text and objects between apps
- Touchscreen basics
- Use Apple Pencil with Numbers
- Wrap text to fit in a cell
- Highlight cells
- Alphabetise or sort data in a table
- Filter data
- Modify chart data
- Move and resize charts
- Select text and place the insertion point
- Change the look of text
- Use text styles
- Format lists
- Add and edit equations
- Add links
- Change object transparency
- Fill objects with colour or an image
- Add a border to an object or sheet
- Add a caption or title
- Add a reflection or shadow
- Use object styles
- Resize, rotate and flip objects
- Use iCloud with Numbers
- Import an Excel or text file
- Export to Excel or another file format
- Restore an earlier version of a spreadsheet
- Move a spreadsheet
- Password-protect a spreadsheet
- Create and manage custom templates
Resize, move or lock a table in Numbers on iPad
Resize a table
Resizing a table makes the table larger or smaller; it doesn’t change the number of rows and columns it contains.
Tap the table, then tap in its top-left corner.
Drag any of the blue dots on the edge of the table to make the table larger or smaller.
To resize the rows and columns simultaneously, drag the blue dot in the corner.
Move a table
Tap the table, then drag in its top-left corner.
Lock or unlock a table
You can lock a table so that it can’t be edited, moved or deleted.
Lock a table: Tap the table, tap , tap Arrange, then tap Lock.
Unlock a table: Tap the table, then tap Unlock.