Numbers User Guide for iPad
- Intro to Numbers
- Intro to images, charts and other objects
- Create a spreadsheet
- Open spreadsheets
- Prevent accidental editing
- Personalise templates
- Use sheets
- Undo or redo changes
- Save your spreadsheet
- Find a spreadsheet
- Delete a spreadsheet
- Print a spreadsheet
- Change the sheet background
- Copy text and objects between apps
- Touchscreen basics
- Use Apple Pencil with Numbers
- Wrap text to fit in a cell
- Highlight cells
- Alphabetise or sort data in a table
- Filter data
- Modify chart data
- Move and resize charts
- Select text and place the insertion point
- Change the look of text
- Use text styles
- Format lists
- Add and edit equations
- Add links
- Change object transparency
- Fill objects with colour or an image
- Add a border to an object or sheet
- Add a caption or title
- Add a reflection or shadow
- Use object styles
- Resize, rotate and flip objects
- Use iCloud with Numbers
- Import an Excel or text file
- Export to Excel or another file format
- Restore an earlier version of a spreadsheet
- Move a spreadsheet
- Password-protect a spreadsheet
- Create and manage custom templates
Align text in Numbers on iPad
You can adjust text in a table cell, text box or shape so that it’s aligned to the left or right, centred, or aligned on both the left and right (justified).
Align and justify text
Tap a text box or shape with text to select it; if you’re working in a table, tap a table cell or select a row or column.
Tap Text or Cell, then tap any of the alignment buttons.
Set text margins
You can adjust the amount of space between text and the text box or shape that contains it.
Tap a shape or text box, or select specific text.
Tap , then tap Text.
In the Margin section, tap to decrease or increase the margin, or tap the margin size and enter a new value.