Keynote User Guide for iPad
- Intro to Keynote
- Intro to images, charts and other objects
- Create your first presentation
- Choose how to navigate your presentation
- Open a presentation
- Save and name a presentation
- Find a presentation
- Print a presentation
- Customise the toolbar
- Copy text and objects between apps
- Basic touchscreen gestures
- Use Apple Pencil with Keynote
- Create a presentation using VoiceOver
- Add lines and arrows
- Add and edit drawings
- Set the movie format
- Change object transparency
- Fill objects with colour or an image
- Add a border to an object
- Add a caption or title
- Add a reflection or shadow
- Use object styles
- Resize, rotate and flip objects
- Add linked objects to make your presentation interactive
- Select text and place the insertion point
- Change the look of text
- Use text styles
- Format lists
- Add mathematical equations
- Add links
- Add or delete a table
- Select tables, cells, rows and columns
- Merge or unmerge cells
- Resize, move or lock a table
- Send a presentation
- Intro to collaboration
- Invite others to collaborate
- Collaborate on a shared presentation
- Follow activity in a shared presentation
- Change a shared presentation’s settings
- Stop sharing a presentation
- Shared folders and collaboration
- Use Box to collaborate
- Create an animated GIF
- Post your presentation in a blog
- Use iCloud Drive with Keynote
- Export to PowerPoint or another file format
- Restore an earlier version of a presentation
- Move a presentation
- Delete a presentation
- Password-protect a presentation
- Create and manage custom themes
Change table gridlines and colours in Keynote on iPad
You can change the look of a table by changing its outline, showing or hiding gridlines, adding borders and colour to cells, and using alternating row colours.
Change the table outline and gridlines
Tap the table, then tap .
Tap Table, then do any of the following:
Show the outline: Turn on Table Outline.
Change the gridlines: Tap Grid Options, then tap to turn gridlines on or off.
If you can’t see these options, swipe up from the bottom of the controls.
Change the border and background of table cells
You can change the border and background of any selection of table cells.
Select the cells you want to change.
Tap , tap Cell, then do any of the following:
Change the border: Tap Cell Border, then tap a border layout to choose which lines you want to format. Tap Border Style, then choose a border style. Or use the controls under “Cell border” to define your own style.
Tip: To select multiple borders, tap a border layout, then touch and hold additional layouts.
Change the background: Tap Cell Fill, tap a type of fill, then tap a fill option. See Fill objects with colour or an image in Keynote on iPad.
Alternate the row colours
Tap the table, then tap .
Tap Table, then turn on Alternating Rows.
Row colours don’t alternate for header columns. Header columns have their own look based on the table style you choose.