Keynote User Guide for iPad
- Intro to Keynote
- Intro to images, charts and other objects
- Create your first presentation
- Choose how to navigate your presentation
- Open a presentation
- Save and name a presentation
- Find a presentation
- Print a presentation
- Customise the toolbar
- Copy text and objects between apps
- Basic touchscreen gestures
- Use Apple Pencil with Keynote
- Create a presentation using VoiceOver
- Add lines and arrows
- Add and edit drawings
- Set the movie format
- Change object transparency
- Fill objects with colour or an image
- Add a border to an object
- Add a caption or title
- Add a reflection or shadow
- Use object styles
- Resize, rotate and flip objects
- Add linked objects to make your presentation interactive
- Select text and place the insertion point
- Change the look of text
- Use text styles
- Format lists
- Add mathematical equations
- Add links
- Add or delete a table
- Select tables, cells, rows and columns
- Merge or unmerge cells
- Resize, move or lock a table
- Send a presentation
- Intro to collaboration
- Invite others to collaborate
- Collaborate on a shared presentation
- See the latest activity in a shared presentation
- Change a shared presentation’s settings
- Stop sharing a presentation
- Shared folders and collaboration
- Use Box to collaborate
- Create an animated GIF
- Post your presentation in a blog
- Use iCloud Drive with Keynote
- Export to PowerPoint or another file format
- Restore an earlier version of a presentation
- Move a presentation
- Delete a presentation
- Password-protect a presentation
- Create and manage custom themes
Rehearse a Keynote presentation on iPad
If you plan to use an external display to show your presentation, you can use rehearse slideshow mode to set up the presenter display in advance, and to practise your presentation, without connecting to an external display.
Note: If your device is already connected to an external display, simply play the presentation to rehearse and to modify the presenter display.
Open the presentation, then tap to select the first slide in the slide navigator.
Tap , then tap Rehearse Slideshow.
To see options for customising the presenter display, tap , then tap the layout option you want (current slide, next slide, presenter notes, or a combination).
For more details on modifying the display, see Customise the presenter display.
To rehearse the presentation, do any of the following:
Switch between the clock and a timer: Tap the clock or timer at the top of the display. The timer starts the first time you tap or swipe to advance the presentation after the first slide is displayed.
Go to the next slide: Tap or swipe left.
Go back a slide: Swipe right.
Jump to a different slide: Tap the slide number indicator at the top left of the display to show the slide navigator, then tap a slide thumbnail to jump to that slide.
Rehearse drawing on a slide as you present: Tap , tap a colour, then draw with your finger on the slide. Tap Done when you’ve finished. You can tap to undo your last action. (Tap multiple times to undo all your recent actions.)
To stop rehearsing, pinch closed on the slide or tap .