360 VR editing
Create and deliver immersive 360° films with titles, effects, and live output to a VR headset.
Advanced color grading
Color grade with powerful new color wheels, color curves, and hue/saturation curves.
High Dynamic Range video
Grade and deliver High Dynamic Range (HDR) video with live output to an HDR monitor.
Import iMovie for iOS projects
Start your project with iMovie for iOS, then import it into Final Cut Pro to finish editing.
- Import, playback, and editing of High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC, also known as H.265) video clips and High Efficiency Image Format (HEIF) photos from Apple devices*
- Send to Compressor to export video projects in the HEVC format
- Adjust audio using effects plug-ins from Logic Pro X with redesigned, resizable interfaces
- Support for Canon Cinema RAW Light format with additional software from Canon
- Faster Optical Flow analysis using Metal 2
- Support for NFS-based libraries and media
- XML 1.7 with support for new color grading controls, 360 VR effects, and HDR
* HEVC and HEIF support requires macOS High Sierra