Turn on Nightstand mode
When you use Nightstand mode, your Apple Watch displays the date and time, along with the remaining charge. If you set an alarm, it also appears on the watch face. To turn on Nightstand mode:
- Place your Apple Watch on its side.
- Connect your Apple Watch to its charger.
- After it begins charging, your Apple Watch will automatically go into Nightstand mode.
When your Apple Watch is in Nightstand mode and you aren't using it, the display turns off. To see the display again, tap it, press the Digital Crown or the side button, or lightly nudge your Apple Watch. Even nudging or tapping the table might work — try it.
Set an alarm
The alarm on your Apple Watch is different than the alarms on your iPhone. You need to set or adjust an alarm for Nightstand mode from your Apple Watch:
- Open the Alarms app on your Apple Watch.
- Tap Add Alarm.
- Tap the screen or rotate the Digital Crown to adjust your alarm.
You can also ask Siri to set an alarm for you. Hold down the Digital Crown until Siri appears and say “Set an alarm for 7 a.m.” or “Wake me up at 19:00.”
Before your alarm begins in Nightstand mode, the display gets brighter, and the text turns yellow. When your alarm begins, your Apple Watch makes a sound. To turn off your alarm, press the side button. To snooze the alarm for 9 minutes, press the Digital Crown.
If your Apple Watch doesn't go into Nightstand mode, make sure that it's charging and see if Nightstand mode is on:
- Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone and tap the My Watch tab.
- Tap General and scroll down to Nightstand Mode.
You can also check the setting from your Apple Watch. Open the Settings app and tap General > Nightstand Mode.