Turn on Nightstand mode*
When you use Nightstand mode,* your Apple Watch displays the date and time, along with the current charge. If you set an alarm, it also appears on the watch face. To turn on Nightstand mode:
- Connect your Apple Watch to its charger. While charging, your Apple Watch stays in Nightstand mode.
- To see the display, tap the screen, press the Digital Crown or side button, or lightly nudge your Apple Watch. Even nudging or tapping the table might work — try it.
To use your Apple Watch while it's in Nightstand mode, hold it face up or place it on a flat surface, then press the Digital Crown or side button.
Set an alarm
You can ask Siri to set an alarm for you. Say something like “Set an alarm for 7 a.m.” or “Wake me up at 19:00.”
The alarm on your Apple Watch is separate from the alarms on your iPhone. To set or adjust an alarm for Nightstand mode, use your Apple Watch:
- Open the Alarms app on your Apple Watch.
- Tap Add Alarm. Or tap an existing alarm, then tap Change Time.
- Tap AM or PM, then tap the hours or minutes. Turn the Digital Crown to adjust the time.
- Tap Set.
When your alarm begins, your Apple Watch makes a sound and the text turns orange. To turn off your alarm, press the side button. To snooze the alarm for 9 minutes, press the Digital Crown.
Turn Nightstand mode on or off
- On your Apple Watch, open the Settings app.
- Tap General > Nightstand Mode.
- Tap to turn Nightstand Mode off or back on.
* Nightstand mode is called Bedside mode in the U.K.