Apple Watch User Guide
- Your Apple Watch
- What’s new
- Get started
- Apple Watch gestures
- Set up and pair your Apple Watch with iPhone
- The Apple Watch app
- Charge Apple Watch
- Turn on and wake Apple Watch
- Lock or unlock Apple Watch
- Change language and orientation on Apple Watch
- Remove, change, and fasten Apple Watch bands
- Stay fit with Apple Watch
- Track important health information with Apple Watch
- Stay connected with Apple Watch
- Apps on Apple Watch
- Open apps
- Organize apps
- Get more apps
- Tell time
- Status icons
- Control Center
- Use Focus
- Adjust brightness, text size, sounds, and haptics
- See and respond to notifications
- Change notification settings
- Manage your Apple ID
- Use shortcuts
- Create an emergency Medical ID
- Manage fall detection
- Set up Handwashing
- Connect Apple Watch to a Wi-Fi network
- Connect to Bluetooth headphones or speakers
- Hand off tasks from Apple Watch
- Unlock your Mac with Apple Watch
- Unlock iPhone with Apple Watch
- Use Apple Watch without its paired iPhone
- Use your Apple Watch with a cellular network
- All about Apple Fitness+
- Subscribe to Apple Fitness+
- Set up Apple Fitness+ on Apple TV
- Browse Fitness+ workouts and Meditations
- Start a Fitness+ workout
- Pause and resume a Fitness+ workout
- End and review a Fitness+ workout
- Work out together using SharePlay
- Change what’s on the screen during a Fitness+ workout
- Download a Fitness+ workout
- Blood Oxygen
- Camera Remote
- Cycle Tracking
- Heart Rate
- Now Playing
- Voice Memos
- About Wallet
- Apple Pay
- Set up Apple Pay
- Make purchases
- Send, receive, and request money with Apple Watch (U.S. only)
- Manage Apple Cash (U.S. only)
- Use Wallet for passes
- Use rewards cards
- Pay with Apple Watch on Mac
- Ride transit
- Use your driver’s license or state ID
- Use digital keys
- Use COVID-19 vaccination cards
- World Clock
Use Now Playing on Apple Watch
Now Playing lets you control audio playback on Apple Watch, iPhone, and other devices.
Open Now Playing
You can open Now Playing in the following ways:
Open the Now Playing app on your Apple Watch.
While audio plays, tap the Now Playing icon at the top of the screen.
Press the side button, then tap Now Playing in the Dock.
Tap the Now Playing button if you’ve added it to the watch face.
Control music, podcasts, or audiobooks on iPhone
Open the Music, Podcasts, or Books app on your iPhone, then start playing a song, podcast, or audiobook.
Open Now Playing on your Apple Watch and use its controls to play, pause, and more.
Turn the Digital Crown to adjust volume.
Quickly open Music or Podcasts
When playing music on iPhone, tap the song title in Now Playing to open the Music app on Apple Watch. Tap the podcast episode title to open the Podcasts app.
Use Now Playing with a different device
If more than one device is available to play audio—an Apple Watch, iPhone, and HomePod for example—the name of the device you currently control appears in the top-left corner.
Tap < to see a list of devices, then tap one to control it.