Pages User Guide for Mac
- Intro to Pages
- Word processing or page layout?
- Intro to images, graphs and other objects
- Find a document
- Open or close a document
- Save and name a document
- Print a document or envelope
- Select text and place the insertion point
- Add and replace text
- Copy and paste text
- Use dictation to enter text
- Accents and special characters
- Add the date and time
- Add mathematical equations
- Bookmarks and links
- Add links
- Change the font or font size
- Set a default font
- Bold, italic, underline and strikethrough
- Change the colour of text
- Add a shadow or outline to text
- Change text capitalisation
- Copy and paste text styles
- Add a highlighting effect to text
- Format hyphens, dashes and quotation marks
- Set paper size and orientation
- Set document margins
- Set up facing pages
- Add, rearrange and delete pages
- Page templates
- Add page numbers
- Change the page background
- Add a border around a page
- Add watermarks and background objects
- Create a custom template
- Add lines and arrows
- Animate, share or save drawings
- Set movie and image formats
- Change the transparency of an object
- Fill shapes and text boxes with colour or an image
- Add a border to an object
- Add a caption or title
- Add a reflection or shadow
- Use object styles
- Resize, rotate and flip objects
- Add or delete a table
- Select tables, cells, rows and columns
- Merge or un-merge table cells
- Resize, move or lock a table
- Use iCloud Drive with Pages
- Export to Word, PDF or another file format
- Open an iBooks Author book in Pages
- Reduce the document file size
- Save a large document as a package file
- Restore an earlier version of a document
- Move a document
- Delete a document
- Lock a document
- Password-protect a document
- Create and manage custom templates
Use phonetic guides in Pages on Mac
If you have a Chinese, Japanese or Korean keyboard set up for your Mac, iPhone or iPad, you can apply phonetic guides to words written in any language even if you don’t use any of these keyboards.
Provide a phonetic guide alongside text
Don’t include any trailing paragraph breaks or punctuation in your selected text.
Control-click the selected text, then select Phonetic Guide Text from the shortcut menu.
A phonetic guide appears with the selected text.
To change the phonetic guide text, select one of the options in the Phonetic Guide list or type your own in the text field.
Click anywhere outside the Phonetic Guide Text window to apply the text you chose, then close the window.
Change or remove phonetic guide text
You can change the language of phonetic guide text or remove the text.
Click the word with phonetic guide text, then select Phonetic Guide Text from the shortcut menu.
Do one of the following:
Change the guide text: Enter new text or select one of the options.
The phonetic options presented depend on which keyboards are set up.
Remove the guide text: Click Remove Phonetic Guide Text.
If you don’t see the suggestions you are looking for, make sure the document is set up to use the language you want. Choose File > Advanced > Language & Region, then select a language.