Pages User Guide for iPad
- Intro to Pages
- Word processing or page layout?
- Intro to images, charts and other objects
- Find a document
- Open a document
- Save and name a document
- Print a document or envelope
- Copy text and objects between apps
- Basic touchscreen gestures
- Use Apple Pencil with Pages
- Customise the toolbar
- Select text and place the insertion point
- Add and replace text
- Copy and paste text
- Add mathematical equations
- Bookmarks and links
- Add links
- Set paper size and orientation
- Set document margins
- Set up facing pages
- Page templates
- Add page numbers
- Change the page background
- Add a border around a page
- Add watermarks and background objects
- Change the transparency of an object
- Fill shapes and text boxes with colour or an image
- Add a border to an object
- Add a caption or title
- Add a reflection or shadow
- Use object styles
- Resize, rotate and flip objects
- Add or delete a table
- Select tables, cells, rows and columns
- Merge or unmerge table cells
- Resize, move or lock a table
- Send a document
- Publish a book to Apple Books
- Use presenter mode
- Use iCloud Drive with Pages
- Export to Word, PDF or another file format
- Restore an earlier version of a document
- Move a document
- Delete a document
- Password-protect a document
- Create and manage custom templates
Edit an image in Pages on iPad
After you add a photo or graphic to your document, you can crop it and remove parts you don’t want.
Mask (crop) a photo
You can hide unwanted portions of an image without modifying the image file.
Double-tap the image.
The mask controls appear. The default mask is the same size as your image.
Use the controls to change which parts of the image are visible:
Tap Done when you’ve finished.
Double-tap the image at any time to readjust its mask.
Remove background and a colour from a photo
You can remove a background or colour from an image with the Remove Background tool.
Tap the image to select it, then tap Remove Background (you may have to tap first).
If possible, the background is automatically removed.
Do any of the following:
Remove another colour: Drag over the colour you want to remove.
As you drag, the mask selection grows to include areas that use similar colours.
Undo all changes: Tap Reset in the controls.
To work with multiple images at the same time, touch and hold one image, then tap the other images with another finger.