Keynote User Guide for iPad
- Intro to Keynote
- Intro to images, charts and other objects
- Create your first presentation
- Choose how to navigate your presentation
- Open a presentation
- Save and name a presentation
- Find a presentation
- Print a presentation
- Customise the toolbar
- Copy text and objects between apps
- Basic touchscreen gestures
- Use Apple Pencil with Keynote
- Create a presentation using VoiceOver
- Add lines and arrows
- Add and edit drawings
- Set the movie format
- Change object transparency
- Fill objects with colour or an image
- Add a border to an object
- Add a caption or title
- Add a reflection or shadow
- Use object styles
- Resize, rotate and flip objects
- Add linked objects to make your presentation interactive
- Select text and place the insertion point
- Change the look of text
- Use text styles
- Format lists
- Add mathematical equations
- Add links
- Add or delete a table
- Select tables, cells, rows and columns
- Merge or unmerge cells
- Resize, move or lock a table
- Send a presentation
- Intro to collaboration
- Invite others to collaborate
- Collaborate on a shared presentation
- Follow activity in a shared presentation
- Change a shared presentation’s settings
- Stop sharing a presentation
- Shared folders and collaboration
- Use Box to collaborate
- Create an animated GIF
- Post your presentation in a blog
- Use iCloud Drive with Keynote
- Export to PowerPoint or another file format
- Restore an earlier version of a presentation
- Move a presentation
- Delete a presentation
- Password-protect a presentation
- Create and manage custom themes
Edit video and audio in Keynote on iPad
After you add video or audio to a slide, you can set it to repeat in a loop, play continuously through multiple slides or change its start timing in your presentation. You can also adjust the playback volume for audio.
Set video or audio looping and start timing
Tap the video or audio on the slide to select it.
Tap , then tap Movie or Audio.
To set when the video or audio starts playing on the slide, choose one of the following:
When you tap the slide: Turn on Start on Tap.
Automatically when the slide appears: Turn off Start on Tap.
Continuously through multiple slide transitions: Turn on Play Across Slides. Video and audio now play continuously even if you change their size and position between consecutive slides. For additional information and templates related to playing video and audio through slide transitions, see this Apple Support article.
Restart the video or audio file when a new slide appears: Turn off Play Across Slides.
To set media to repeat until you advance the slide, choose how you want it to play:
Play in a continuous loop: Tap Loop.
Play forward and then backward: Tap Loop Back and Forth.
Note: Recorded audio can’t loop back and forth.
Adjust audio playback volume
Tap to select the audio on the slide.
Tap , then tap Audio.
Drag the Volume slider.
To work with multiple audio objects at the same time, touch and hold one object, then tap the other objects with another finger.