Turn on Nightstand mode*
When you use Nightstand mode,* your Apple Watch displays the date and time, along with the current charge. If you set an alarm, it also appears on the watch face. To turn on Nightstand mode:
- Connect your Apple Watch to its charger. While charging, your Apple Watch stays in Nightstand mode.
- To see the display, tap the screen, press the Digital Crown or side button, or lightly nudge your Apple Watch. Even nudging or tapping the table might work — try it.
To use your Apple Watch while it's in Nightstand mode, hold it face up or place it on a flat surface, then press the Digital Crown or side button.
Set an alarm
You can ask Siri to set an alarm for you. Say something like “Set an alarm for 7 a.m.” or “Wake me up at 19:00.”
Or, set an alarm from your iPhone, then push it to your Apple Watch:
- Set the alarm on your iPhone.
- Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Tap My Watch, tap Clock, then turn on Push Alerts from iPhone.
The alarm on your Apple Watch is separate from the alarms on your iPhone. When you set an alarm, make sure that your Apple Watch and your iPhone aren't in silent mode. To set or adjust an alarm for Nightstand mode, use your Apple Watch:
- Open the Alarms app on your Apple Watch.
- Tap Add Alarm. Or tap an existing alarm, then tap Change time.
- Tap AM or PM, then tap the hours or minutes. Turn the Digital Crown to adjust the time.
- Tap Set.
When your alarm begins, your Apple Watch makes a sound and the text turns orange. To turn off your alarm, press the side button. To snooze the alarm for 9 minutes, press the Digital Crown.
Turn Nightstand mode on or off
- On your Apple Watch, open the Settings app.
- Tap General > Nightstand Mode.
- Tap to turn Nightstand mode off or back on.
* Nightstand mode is called Bedside mode in the U.K.