iPod touch User Guide
- Your iPod touch
- What’s new in iOS 15
- Turn on and set up iPod touch
- Wake and unlock
- Connect to the internet
- Find settings
- Set up mail, contacts, and calendar accounts
- Learn the meaning of the status icons
- Download or bookmark the user guide
- Learn basic gestures
- Adjust the volume
- Multitask with Picture in Picture
- Access features from the Lock Screen
- Perform quick actions
- Search with iPod touch
- Use AirDrop to send items
- Take a screenshot or screen recording
- Get information about your iPod touch
- Travel with iPod touch
- Change or turn off the sounds
- Change the wallpaper
- Adjust the screen brightness and color balance
- Change the name of your iPod touch
- Change the date and time
- Change the language and region
- Use and customize Control Center
- Change or lock the screen orientation
- Set up FaceTime
- Make and receive calls
- Create a FaceTime link
- Take a Live Photo
- Use other apps during a call
- Make a Group FaceTime call
- View participants in a grid
- Use SharePlay to watch and listen together
- Share your screen
- Change the video settings
- Change the audio settings
- Add camera effects
- Leave a call or switch to Messages
- Block unwanted callers
- Adjust map settings
- Fill out your Health Details
- Track your menstrual cycle
- Back up your Health data
- Check your email
- Set email notifications
- Search for email
- Organize email in mailboxes
- Use Hide My Email
- Change email settings
- Use Mail Privacy Protection
- Delete and recover emails
- Add a Mail widget to your Home Screen
- Print emails
- View maps
- Search for places
- Find nearby attractions, restaurants, and services
- Get information about places
- Mark places
- Share places
- Rate places
- Save favorite places
- Explore new places with Guides
- Organize places in My Guides
- Get traffic and weather info
- Delete significant locations
- Quickly find your Maps settings
- Use Siri, Maps, and the Maps widget to get directions
- Select other route options
- Things you can do while following a route
- Get driving directions
- Report traffic incidents in Maps on iPod touch
- Get cycling directions
- Get walking directions
- Get transit directions
- Delete recent directions
- Use Maps on your Mac to get directions
- Get rides
- Get music
- View albums, playlists, and more
- Play music
- Queue up your music
- Listen to broadcast radio
- Listen to music with Apple Music Voice
- Change the way music sounds
- Get started with News
- Use News widgets
- See news stories chosen just for you
- Read stories
- Listen to Apple News Today
- Search for news stories
- Save news stories for later
- Subscribe to news channels
- View photos
- Play videos and slideshows
- Delete and hide photos and videos
- Edit photos and videos
- Trim video length and adjust slow motion
- Edit Live Photos
- Make photo albums
- Edit and organize albums
- Filter and sort photos in an album
- Search in Photos
- Share photos and videos
- View photos and videos shared with you
- Watch memories
- Personalize memories
- Find people in Photos
- Show a person or place less often
- Browse photos by location
- Use iCloud Photos
- Share photos with iCloud Shared Albums
- Import photos and videos
- Print photos
- Browse the web
- Customize your Safari settings
- Change the layout
- Search for websites
- Use tabs in Safari
- Bookmark favorite webpages
- Save pages to a Reading List
- View links shared with you
- Automatically fill in forms
- Get extensions
- Hide ads and distractions
- Browse the web privately
- Clear your cache
- Use Hide My Email
- Accessories for charging iPod touch
- HomePod and AirPlay 2 speakers
- External storage devices
- Bluetooth accessories
- Make and receive phone calls
- Hand off tasks between devices
- Wirelessly stream video, photos, and audio to Mac
- Cut, copy, and paste between iPod touch and other devices
- Connect iPod touch and your computer with a cable
- Sync iPod touch with your computer
- Transfer files between iPod touch and your computer
- Get started with accessibility features
- Turn on and practice VoiceOver
- Change your VoiceOver settings
- Learn VoiceOver gestures
- Operate iPod touch using VoiceOver gestures
- Control VoiceOver using the rotor
- Use the onscreen keyboard
- Write with your finger
- Use VoiceOver with an Apple external keyboard
- Use a braille display
- Type onscreen braille
- Customize gestures and keyboard shortcuts
- Use VoiceOver with a pointer device
- Use VoiceOver for images and videos
- Use VoiceOver in apps
- Display & Text Size
- Spoken Content
- Audio Descriptions
- Use built-in security and privacy protections
- Keep your Apple ID secure
- Sign in with Apple
- Automatically fill in strong passwords
- Change weak or compromised passwords
- View your passwords and related information
- Share passwords securely with AirDrop
- Make your passwords available on all your devices
- Automatically fill in verification codes
- Manage two-factor authentication for your Apple ID
- Control access to information in apps
- Control access to hardware features
- Control app tracking permissions on iPod touch
- Control the location information you share
- Turn on iCloud Private Relay
- Create and manage Hide My Email addresses
- Use a private network address
- Control how Apple delivers advertising to you
Add reminders on iPod touch
In the Reminders app , you can easily make to-do lists for things like grocery shopping, tasks around the house, and projects at work. Create subtasks, set flags, add attachments, and more.
Note: All Reminders features described in this guide are available when you use upgraded reminders. Some features aren’t available when using other accounts.
Create a new list
Tap Add List, then choose an account (if you have more than one account).
Enter a name, then choose a color and symbol for the list.
Add a new reminder
Siri: Say something like: “Add artichokes to my groceries list.” Learn how to ask Siri.
Or do the following:
Tap New Reminder, then enter text.
Use the buttons above the keyboard to do any of the following:
Schedule a date and time: Tap , then choose when you want to be reminded.
Add a location: Tap , then choose where you want to be reminded—for example, when you arrive home or get into a car with a Bluetooth connection to your iPod touch.
Note: To receive location-based reminders, you must allow Reminders to use your precise location. Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services. Turn on Location Services, tap Reminders, choose While Using the App, then turn on Precise Location.
Assign the reminder: (available in shared lists) Tap , then choose a person on the shared list (including yourself).
Set a flag: Tap to mark an important reminder.
Add a photo or scan a document: Tap , then take a new photo, choose an existing photo from your photo library, or scan a document.
To add more details to the reminder, tap , then do any of the following:
Add notes: In the Notes field, enter more information about the reminder.
Add a web link: In the URL field, enter a web address. Reminders displays a link that you can tap to go to the website.
Get a reminder when chatting with someone in Messages: Turn on When Messaging, then choose someone from your contacts list. The reminder appears the next time you chat with that person in Messages.
Set a priority: Tap Priority, then choose Low, Medium, or High.
Move the reminder to a different list: Tap List, then choose a list.
Tip: With OS X 10.10 or later, you can hand off reminders you’re editing between your Mac and iPod touch.
Create a subtask
Swipe right on the reminder, then tap Indent. Or drag a reminder onto another reminder.
If you complete a main task, the subtasks are also completed. If you delete or move a main task, the subtasks are also deleted or moved.
Mark a reminder as completed
Tap the empty circle next to a reminder to mark it as completed and hide it.
To unhide completed reminders, tap , then tap Show Completed. To delete the completed reminders, tap Clear.
Delete a reminder
Swipe left on the reminder, then tap Delete.
If you change your mind, you can recover the deleted reminder—tap with three fingers or shake to undo.
Edit multiple reminders at the same time
While viewing a list, tap , tap Select Reminders, then select the reminders you want to edit. Or drag two fingers over the reminders you want to edit.
Use the buttons at the bottom of the screen to complete, flag, add a date and time, move, assign, or delete the selected reminders.