iCloud: Organize messages into folders
To work with folders, make sure you’re in widescreen view. For more information, see “Change how your emails appear” in Read email messages.
Create, rename, or delete a folder
- To create a new folder, make sure no folder is selected (click in the message list), click the Add button next to Folders in the sidebar, type a name, then press Return.
- To create a subfolder, do one of the following:
Select the folder in which you want to add a subfolder, click the Add button , type a name, then press Return.
Drag an existing folder on top of another folder. The dragged folder becomes a subfolder.
- To rename a folder, double-click the folder’s name, type a new name, then press Return.
- To delete a folder, select it, click the Action pop-up menu in the sidebar, choose Delete Folder, then click Delete.
Move messages into a folder
Do either of the following:
- Drag messages to a folder.
- Select one or more messages, click the Move to Folder button (shown below), then choose a folder from the menu.
To select several adjacent messages, click the first one, then Shift-click the last one. To select multiple nonadjacent messages, Command-click them on a Mac or Control-click them on a Windows computer.
Change the default folder for sent or deleted messages
Click the Action pop-up menu in the sidebar, then choose Preferences.
In the Mailboxes section of the General pane, select “Save sent messages in” or “Move deleted messages to,” then choose a new folder from the pop-up menu.
Messages in the Trash and Junk folders are automatically deleted after 30 days.