Modifying this control will update this page automatically
macOS User Guide
- Work across devices using Continuity
- Use iPhone as a webcam
- Use iPhone with Desk View
- Stream audio and video with AirPlay
- Use one keyboard and mouse to control Mac and iPad
- Hand off between devices
- Unlock your Mac with Apple Watch
- Make and receive phone calls on your Mac
- Sync music, books and more between devices
- What is Family Sharing?
- Set up Family Sharing
- Add a user or group
- Set up Screen Time for a child
- Share purchases with your family
- Watch and listen together with SharePlay
- Share a Photo Library
- Collaborate on projects
- Find content shared with you
- Find your family and friends
- Play games with your friends
- Resources for your Mac
- Resources for your Apple devices
If you’re asked for an administrator name and password on Mac
To complete certain tasks, you must enter the name and password of an administrator to verify that you are a user with administrator privileges. If you’re in a secure environment where smart cards are required, you must insert your card and enter a personal identification number (PIN) instead of a password. Be sure you know which app is requesting this information.
If you don’t know an administrator name and password, ask the person who set up your Mac for help.
If you set up the original user account but don’t remember the password, see If you forget your login password.
Thanks for your feedback.