Modifying this control will update this page automatically
macOS User Guide
- Work across devices using Continuity
- Use iPhone as a webcam
- Use iPhone with Desk View
- Stream audio and video with AirPlay
- Use one keyboard and mouse to control Mac and iPad
- Hand off between devices
- Unlock your Mac with Apple Watch
- Make and receive phone calls on your Mac
- Sync music, books and more between devices
- What is Family Sharing?
- Set up Family Sharing
- Add a user or group
- Set up Screen Time for a child
- Share purchases with your family
- Watch and listen together with SharePlay
- Share a Photo Library
- Collaborate on projects
- Find content shared with you
- Find your family and friends
- Play games with your friends
- Resources for your Mac
- Resources for your Apple devices
If you need a password to unlock your backup disk on Mac
If you back up to an external disk connected to your Mac and encryption is turned on, then disconnecting the disk may lock it. To unlock the disk, you must enter the backup password you created when you turned on encryption for the disk.
Store the backup password in your keychain so the drive is unlocked automatically when it’s connected to the same computer in the future.
Thanks for your feedback.