Modifying this control will update this page automatically
macOS User Guide
- Work across devices using Continuity
- Use iPhone as a webcam
- Use iPhone with Desk View
- Stream audio and video with AirPlay
- Use one keyboard and mouse to control Mac and iPad
- Hand off between devices
- Unlock your Mac with Apple Watch
- Make and receive phone calls on your Mac
- Sync music, books and more between devices
- What is Family Sharing?
- Set up Family Sharing
- Add a user or group
- Set up Screen Time for a child
- Share purchases with your family
- Watch and listen together with SharePlay
- Share a Photo Library
- Collaborate on projects
- Find content shared with you
- Find your family and friends
- Play games with your friends
- Resources for your Mac
- Resources for your Apple devices
Verify your backup disk on Mac
If you back up to a network disk, Time Machine periodically verifies that your backups are in good condition. This scheduled verification happens automatically, but you can manually verify a backup at any time.
On your Mac, click the Time Machine icon in the menu bar.
Press and hold the Option key, then choose Verify Backups.
If the Time Machine icon isn’t in the menu bar, choose Apple menu > System Settings. Click Control Centre in the sidebar, scroll down to Time Machine , then select “Show in Menu Bar” from the pull-down menu.
Thanks for your feedback.