Modifying this control will update this page automatically
macOS User Guide
- Work across devices using Continuity
- Use iPhone as a webcam
- Use iPhone with Desk View
- Stream audio and video with AirPlay
- Use one keyboard and mouse to control Mac and iPad
- Hand off between devices
- Unlock your Mac with Apple Watch
- Make and receive phone calls on your Mac
- Sync music, books and more between devices
- What is Family Sharing?
- Set up Family Sharing
- Add a user or group
- Set up Screen Time for a child
- Share purchases with your family
- Watch and listen together with SharePlay
- Share a Photo Library
- Collaborate on projects
- Find content shared with you
- Find your family and friends
- Play games with your friends
- Resources for your Mac
- Resources for your Apple devices
Change your Mac keyboard’s response speed
If your Mac responds too quickly when you press keys on your keyboard, you can adjust the length of time between when the key is pressed and when your Mac responds to the keystroke.
On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Settings, click Accessibility in the sidebar, then click Keyboard on the right. (You may need to scroll down.)
Turn on Slow Keys, then click the Info button .
Drag the Acceptance Delay slider to set how long you want your Mac to wait before it responds after the key is pressed.
To hear a feedback sound each time your Mac responds to a keystroke, select “Use click key sounds”.
You can also set how long your Mac waits before it begins to repeat a key you’re pressing.
Thanks for your feedback.