Using Apple TV as an AirTunes source
To keep from interrupting playback, at the Now Playing screen, you can press and hold the Play/Pause button on the remote and choose Speakers from the menu that appears. Or if you haven't started playback, you can follow these steps:
- Choose Settings > AirTunes.
- Apple TV will automatically detect and list your remote speakers available on your local network.
- You can choose whether or not to allow your AirTunes remote speakers to control your Apple TV by toggling On/Off the "Control from Speakers" option.
- Select the speakers you would like to use.
Note: AirTunes can only be used to stream music.
Using Apple TV as an AirTunes speaker
- On Apple TV, choose Settings > AirTunes and set "AirTunes Speaker" to On.
- On the computer, open iTunes preferences (Mac: Choose iTunes > Preferences. Windows: Choose File > Preferences)
- Click Devices and make sure to select the box next to "Look for remote speakers connected with AirTunes."
- Click OK.
- Choose Apple TV from the bottom right in iTunes .
Additionally, you can choose to disable the iTunes volume control for the remote speakers, as well as the ability to control iTunes from your remote speakers.