When you first open a library created with Final Cut Pro X 10.1 – 10.2.3 in Final Cut Pro X 10.3 or later, Final Cut Pro attempts to update the library. You might see one of the following alerts indicating that Final Cut Pro can't update or open the library:
- The file could not be opened because it isn't in the correct format.
- The library "library name" could not be updated because an unexpected error occurred.
- The operation couldn't be completed. Permission denied.
- The document "library name" could not be opened. The operation couldn't be completed. (com.apple.flexo.ErrorDomain error 4.)
If you need to finish a project in a library that won't update or open, reinstall the version of Final Cut Pro you backed up before updating to Final Cut Pro X 10.3. If you didn't back up the previously installed version of Final Cut Pro, download and install the Final Cut Pro X 10.2.3 trial.
Then, do any of the following:
- Restore the library from an automatic backup.
- Restore the library from a manual backup.
- If you don't have a backup of the library, use the library you tried to open in Final Cut Pro X 10.3.
When you've completed the project, update to Final Cut Pro X 10.3.x from the App Store.