You must update libraries created in Final Cut Pro X 10.1 – 10.2.3 for use with Final Cut Pro 10.3. When attempting to update a library to Final Cut Pro X 10.3, you might encounter one of the following alerts indicating that the library can't be updated or opened:
- The file could not be opened because it isn't in the correct format.
- The library "library name" could not be updated because an unexpected error occurred.
- The operation couldn't be completed. Permission denied.
- The document "library name" could not be opened. The operation couldn't be completed. (com.apple.flexo.ErrorDomain error 4.)
To continue working on the project, reinstall the previous version of Final Cut Pro you backed up before updating to Final Cut Pro X 10.3, then choose any of the following:
- Restore the library from an automatic backup in that version of the application.
- Restore the library from a backup.
- If don't have a backup of the library, open and use the library that couldn't be opened or updated for Final Cut Pro X 10.3.
If you didn't back up your previous version of Final Cut Pro, download and install the Final Cut Pro X 10.2.3 trial.
When you've completed the project, update to Final Cut Pro X 10.3 from the App Store.