Numbers User Guide for iPad
- Intro to Numbers
- Intro to images, charts, and other objects
- Create a spreadsheet
- Open spreadsheets
- Prevent accidental editing
- Personalize templates
- Use sheets
- Undo or redo changes
- Save your spreadsheet
- Find a spreadsheet
- Delete a spreadsheet
- Print a spreadsheet
- Change the sheet background
- Copy text and objects between apps
- Customize the toolbar
- Touchscreen basics
- Use Apple Pencil with Numbers
- Wrap text to fit in a cell
- Highlight cells
- Alphabetize or sort data in a table
- Filter data
- Modify chart data
- Move and resize charts
- Select text and place the insertion point
- Change the look of text
- Use text styles
- Format lists
- Add and edit equations
- Add links
- Change object transparency
- Fill objects with color or an image
- Add a border to an object or sheet
- Add a caption or title
- Add a reflection or shadow
- Use object styles
- Resize, rotate, and flip objects
- Use iCloud with Numbers
- Import an Excel or text file
- Export to Excel or another file format
- Restore an earlier version of a spreadsheet
- Move a spreadsheet
- Password-protect a spreadsheet
- Create and manage custom templates
Use AirDrop to transfer Numbers spreadsheets
With AirDrop, you can wirelessly send spreadsheets to a nearby iPhone, iPad, or Mac on the same Wi-Fi network.
Turn on AirDrop:
On a Mac: Click the desktop to switch to the Finder, then choose Go > AirDrop (from the Go menu at the top of the screen). An AirDrop window opens. If Bluetooth or Wi-Fi is turned off, there’s a button to turn it on.
On iPhone or iPad: Open Control Center. Tap AirDrop, then choose whether to receive items from everyone or only from people in your Contacts app.
Select the spreadsheet you want to send:
On a Mac: If the spreadsheet is open, choose Share > Send a Copy (from the Share menu at the top of the screen), then choose AirDrop. You can also Control-click a spreadsheet file on your computer, then choose Share > AirDrop.
On iPhone or iPad: Open the spreadsheet, tap , then tap AirDrop.
Select a recipient.
For more information about using AirDrop, see this Apple Support article.