Apple Watch User Guide
- What’s new
- Apps on Apple Watch
- Open apps
- Organize apps
- Get more apps
- Tell time
- Status icons
- Control Center
- Use Focus
- Adjust brightness, text size, sounds, and haptics
- See and respond to notifications
- Change notification settings
- Manage your Apple ID
- Use shortcuts
- Set up Handwashing
- Connect Apple Watch to a Wi-Fi network
- Connect to Bluetooth headphones or speakers
- Hand off tasks from Apple Watch
- Unlock your Mac with Apple Watch
- Unlock your iPhone with Apple Watch
- Use Apple Watch without its paired iPhone
- Use your Apple Watch with a cellular network
- Blood Oxygen
- Camera Remote
- Now Playing
- Voice Memos
- About Wallet
- Apple Pay
- Set up Apple Pay
- Make purchases
- Send, receive, and request money with Apple Watch (U.S. only)
- Manage Apple Cash (U.S. only)
- Use Wallet for passes
- Use rewards cards
- Pay with Apple Watch on Mac
- Ride transit
- Use your driver’s license or state ID
- Use digital keys
- Use COVID-19 vaccination cards
- World Clock
- Set up Apple Watch using VoiceOver
- Apple Watch basics with VoiceOver
- Apple Watch Mirroring
- Control nearby devices
- Use a braille display
- Use a Bluetooth keyboard
- Tell time with haptic feedback
- Adjust text size and other visual settings
- Adjust motor skills settings
- Set up and use RTT
- Accessibility audio settings
- Use accessibility features with Siri
- The Accessibility Shortcut
Check the weather on Apple Watch
Siri: Say something like: “What’s tomorrow’s forecast for Honolulu?”
Check weather conditions
See the current temperature and conditions for the day: Open the Weather app on your Apple Watch. Tap a city, then tap the display to cycle through hourly forecasts of rain, conditions, or temperature.
See air quality, UV index, wind speed, humidity, and visibility information, and a 10-day forecast: Tap a city, then scroll down.
Tap < in the top-left corner to return to the list of cities.
Note: Air quality readings not available in all regions.
Change weather metrics
When viewing the list of cities in the Weather app , you can choose a different metric to display below each city.
Open the Weather app on your Apple Watch.
At the top of the screen, tap Viewing.
Choose Conditions, Precipitation, or Temperature.
Choose your default city
Open the Settings app on your Apple Watch.
Tap Weather, tap Default City, then choose a city.
You can also open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, tap My Watch, then go to Weather > Default City.
Conditions for that city are shown on the watch face, if you’ve added weather to the face.
See weather advisories
When a significant weather event is predicted, a notification may appear at the top of the Weather app. To learn more about the event, tap Learn More.