iPod touch User Guide
- Your iPod touch
- What’s new in iOS 15
- Turn on and set up iPod touch
- Wake and unlock
- Connect to the internet
- Find settings
- Set up mail, contacts, and calendar accounts
- Learn the meaning of the status icons
- Download or bookmark the user guide
- Learn basic gestures
- Adjust the volume
- Multitask with Picture in Picture
- Access features from the Lock Screen
- Perform quick actions
- Search with iPod touch
- Use AirDrop to send items
- Take a screenshot or screen recording
- Get information about your iPod touch
- Travel with iPod touch
- Change or turn off the sounds
- Change the wallpaper
- Adjust the screen brightness and color balance
- Change the name of your iPod touch
- Change the date and time
- Change the language and region
- Use and customize Control Center
- Change or lock the screen orientation
- Set up FaceTime
- Make and receive calls
- Create a FaceTime link
- Take a Live Photo
- Use other apps during a call
- Make a Group FaceTime call
- View participants in a grid
- Use SharePlay to watch and listen together
- Share your screen
- Change the video settings
- Change the audio settings
- Add camera effects
- Leave a call or switch to Messages
- Block unwanted callers
- Adjust map settings
- Fill out your Health Details
- Track your menstrual cycle
- Back up your Health data
- Check your email
- Set email notifications
- Search for email
- Organize email in mailboxes
- Use Hide My Email
- Change email settings
- Use Mail Privacy Protection
- Delete and recover emails
- Add a Mail widget to your Home Screen
- Print emails
- View maps
- Search for places
- Find nearby attractions, restaurants, and services
- Get information about places
- Mark places
- Share places
- Rate places
- Save favorite places
- Explore new places with Guides
- Organize places in My Guides
- Get traffic and weather info
- Delete significant locations
- Quickly find your Maps settings
- Use Siri, Maps, and the Maps widget to get directions
- Select other route options
- Things you can do while following a route
- Get driving directions
- Report traffic incidents in Maps on iPod touch
- Get cycling directions
- Get walking directions
- Get transit directions
- Delete recent directions
- Use Maps on your Mac to get directions
- Get rides
- Get music
- View albums, playlists, and more
- Play music
- Queue up your music
- Listen to broadcast radio
- Listen to music with Apple Music Voice
- Change the way music sounds
- Get started with News
- Use News widgets
- See news stories chosen just for you
- Read stories
- Listen to Apple News Today
- Search for news stories
- Save news stories for later
- Subscribe to news channels
- View photos
- Play videos and slideshows
- Delete and hide photos and videos
- Edit photos and videos
- Trim video length and adjust slow motion
- Edit Live Photos
- Make photo albums
- Edit and organize albums
- Filter and sort photos in an album
- Search in Photos
- Share photos and videos
- View photos and videos shared with you
- Watch memories
- Personalize memories
- Find people in Photos
- Show a person or place less often
- Browse photos by location
- Use iCloud Photos
- Share photos with iCloud Shared Albums
- Import photos and videos
- Print photos
- Browse the web
- Customize your Safari settings
- Change the layout
- Search for websites
- Use tabs in Safari
- Bookmark favorite webpages
- Save pages to a Reading List
- View links shared with you
- Automatically fill in forms
- Get extensions
- Hide ads and distractions
- Browse the web privately
- Clear your cache
- Use Hide My Email
- Accessories for charging iPod touch
- HomePod and AirPlay 2 speakers
- External storage devices
- Bluetooth accessories
- Make and receive phone calls
- Hand off tasks between devices
- Wirelessly stream video, photos, and audio to Mac
- Cut, copy, and paste between iPod touch and other devices
- Connect iPod touch and your computer with a cable
- Sync iPod touch with your computer
- Transfer files between iPod touch and your computer
- Get started with accessibility features
- Turn on and practice VoiceOver
- Change your VoiceOver settings
- Learn VoiceOver gestures
- Operate iPod touch using VoiceOver gestures
- Control VoiceOver using the rotor
- Use the onscreen keyboard
- Write with your finger
- Use VoiceOver with an Apple external keyboard
- Use a braille display
- Type onscreen braille
- Customize gestures and keyboard shortcuts
- Use VoiceOver with a pointer device
- Use VoiceOver for images and videos
- Use VoiceOver in apps
- Display & Text Size
- Spoken Content
- Audio Descriptions
- Use built-in security and privacy protections
- Keep your Apple ID secure
- Sign in with Apple
- Automatically fill in strong passwords
- Change weak or compromised passwords
- View your passwords and related information
- Share passwords securely with AirDrop
- Make your passwords available on all your devices
- Automatically fill in verification codes
- Manage two-factor authentication for your Apple ID
- Control access to information in apps
- Control access to hardware features
- Control app tracking permissions on iPod touch
- Control the location information you share
- Turn on iCloud Private Relay
- Create and manage Hide My Email addresses
- Use a private network address
- Control how Apple delivers advertising to you
View and modify files and folders in Files on iPod touch
In the Files app , view and modify your documents, images, and other files.
Browse and open files and folders
Tap Browse at the bottom of the screen, then tap an item on the Browse screen.
If you don’t see the Browse screen, tap Browse again.
To view recently opened files, tap Recents at the bottom of the screen.
To open a file, location, or folder, tap it.
Note: If you haven’t installed the app that created a file, a preview of the file opens in Quick Look.
For information about marking folders as favorites or adding tags, see Organize files and folders in Files on iPod touch.
Modify and rearrange documents
When viewing a file in a supported document format, you can modify and rearrange the document’s contents using the Files app.
Open a document, then tap the page number in the top left.
Tap , then choose any of the following
Rotate Left: Rotate the highlighted page left.
Rotate Right: Rotate the highlighted page right.
Insert Blank Page: Insert a blank page after the highlighted page.
Insert from File: Insert pages from a file after the highlighted page.
Scan Pages: Insert pages from a scanned document after the highlighted page.
Delete: Delete the highlighted page.
To rearrange a document, touch and hold a highlighted page and drag it to a new location.
To mark up a document, tap .
Note: Not all document formats are supported by the Files app.
Find a specific file or folder
Enter a filename, folder name, or document type in the search field.
When you search, you have these options:
Focus the scope of your search: Below the search field, tap Recents or the name of the location or tag.
Hide the keyboard and see more results on the screen: Tap Search.
Start a new search: Tap in the search field.
Open a result: Tap it.
Change to list view or icon view
From an open location or folder, drag down from the center of the screen, then tap .
Change how files and folders are sorted
From an open location or folder, drag down from the center of the screen.
Tap “Sorted by,” then choose an option: Name, Date, Size, Kind, or Tags.
Rearrange the Browse screen
Tap at the top of the Browse screen, tap Edit, then do any of the following:
Hide a location: Turn the location off.
Delete a tag and remove it from all items: Tap next to the tag. (See Tag a file or folder.)
Remove an item from the Favorites list: Tap next to the item. (See Mark a folder as a favorite.)
Change the order of an item: Touch and hold , then drag it to a new position.