iPad User Guide
- Supported models
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (5th generation)
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (4th generation)
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation)
- iPad Pro 11-inch (3rd generation)
- iPad Pro 11-inch (2nd generation)
- iPad Pro 11-inch (1st generation)
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (1st and 2nd generation)
- iPad Pro 10.5-inch
- iPad Pro 9.7-inch
- iPad Air (4th generation)
- iPad Air (3rd generation)
- iPad Air 2
- iPad (9th generation)
- iPad (8th generation)
- iPad (7th generation)
- iPad (6th generation)
- iPad (5th generation)
- iPad mini (6th generation)
- iPad mini (5th generation)
- iPad mini 4
- What’s new in iPadOS 15
- Turn on and set up
- Wake and unlock
- Set up cellular service
- Connect to the internet
- Find settings
- Set up mail, contacts, and calendar accounts
- Learn the meaning of the status icons
- Download or bookmark the user guide
- Adjust the volume
- Drag and drop
- Access features from the Lock Screen
- Perform quick actions
- Search with iPad
- Use AirDrop to send items
- Take a screenshot or screen recording
- Get information about your iPad
- View or change cellular data settings
- Travel with iPad
- Change or turn off sounds
- Change the wallpaper
- Adjust the screen brightness and color balance
- Magnify the screen
- Change the name of your iPad
- Change the date and time
- Change the language and region
- Use and customize Control Center
- Change or lock the screen orientation
- Set up FaceTime
- Create a FaceTime link
- Make and receive calls
- Take a Live Photo
- Use other apps during a call
- Make a Group FaceTime call
- View participants in a grid
- Use SharePlay to watch and listen together
- Share your screen
- Change the video settings
- Change the audio settings
- Add camera effects
- Leave a call or switch to Messages
- Block unwanted callers
- Adjust map settings
- View maps
- Set up Messages
- Send and receive messages
- Send a message to a group or business
- Send and receive photos, videos, and audio
- Receive and share content
- Animate messages
- Use iMessage apps
- Use Memoji
- Send a Digital Touch effect
- Send and receive money with Apple Pay
- Change notifications
- Block, filter, and report messages
- Delete messages
- Get music
- View albums, playlists, and more
- Play music
- Queue up your music
- Listen to broadcast radio
- Change the way music sounds
- View photos and videos
- Play videos and slideshows
- Delete and hide photos and videos
- Edit photos and videos
- Trim video length and adjust slow motion
- Edit Live Photos
- Edit Cinematic videos
- Edit Portrait mode photos
- Make photo albums
- Edit and organize albums
- Filter and sort photos in an album
- Search in Photos
- Share photos and videos
- View photos and videos shared with you
- Interact with photos using Live Text and Visual Look Up
- View Memories
- Personalize Memories
- Find people in Photos
- Browse photos by location
- Use iCloud Photos
- Share photos with iCloud Shared Albums
- Import photos and videos
- Print photos
- Accessories included with iPad
- Use headphone audio-level features
- HomePod and other wireless speakers
- External storage devices
- Bluetooth accessories
- Apple Watch with Fitness+
- Cases and covers
- Share your internet connection
- Make and receive phone calls
- Use iPad as a second display for Mac
- Wirelessly stream video, photos, and audio to Mac
- Hand off tasks between devices
- Cut, copy, and paste between iPad and other devices
- Connect iPad and your computer with a cable
- Sync iPad with your computer
- Transfer files between iPad and your computer
- Get started with accessibility features
- Turn on and practice VoiceOver
- Change your VoiceOver settings
- Learn VoiceOver gestures
- Operate iPad using VoiceOver gestures
- Control VoiceOver using the rotor
- Use the onscreen keyboard
- Write with your finger
- Use VoiceOver with an Apple external keyboard
- Use a braille display
- Type onscreen braille
- Customize gestures and keyboard shortcuts
- Use VoiceOver with a pointer device
- Use VoiceOver for images and videos
- Use VoiceOver in apps
- Display & Text Size
- Spoken Content
- Audio Descriptions
- Use built-in security and privacy protections
- Keep your Apple ID secure
- Sign in with Apple
- Automatically fill in strong passwords
- Change a weak password
- Share passwords securely with AirDrop
- Make your passwords available on all your devices
- Create and manage Hide My Email addresses
- Automatically fill in verification codes
- Manage two-factor authentication for your Apple ID
Organize lists in Reminders on iPad
In the Reminders app , you can arrange your reminders in custom lists and groups, have them automatically organized in Smart Lists, and use tags. You can easily search all your lists for reminders that contain specific text.
Note: All Reminders features described in this guide are available when you use upgraded reminders. Some features aren’t available when using other accounts.
Create, edit, or delete lists and groups
You can organize your reminders into lists and groups of lists such as work, school, or shopping. Do any of the following:
Create a new list: Tap Add List, choose an account (if you have more than one account), enter a name, then choose a color and symbol for the list.
Create a group of lists: Tap Edit, tap Add Group, enter a name, then tap Create. Or drag a list onto another list.
Rearrange lists and groups: Touch and hold a reminder, list, or group, then drag it to a new location. You can even move a reminder to a different list or move a list to a different group.
Change the name and appearance of a list or group: Swipe left on the list or group, then tap .
Delete a list or group and their reminders: Swipe left on the list or group, then tap .
Tags are a fast and flexible way to organize your reminders. You can add one or more tags, such as #shopping and #work, to easily search and filter reminders across your lists.
Add a tag: When you create or edit a reminder, type # followed by the tag name or choose a tag from the menu above the keyboard. A tag can be only one word, but you can use dashes and underscores to combine words. You can add multiple tags to a reminder.
View reminders with tags: In the Tags Browser (below your custom lists), tap a tag or All Tags. To filter the list further, tap more tags in the Tags section on the left.
Make a Smart List: When viewing a list of tagged reminders, tap , then tap Create Smart List.
Use the default Smart Lists
Reminders are automatically organized in the default Smart Lists. You can see specific reminders and track upcoming reminders with the following Smart Lists:
Today: See reminders scheduled for today and overdue reminders.
Scheduled: See reminders scheduled by date or time.
Flagged: See reminders with flags.
Assigned to Me: See reminders assigned to you in shared lists.
Siri Suggestions: See suggested reminders detected in Mail and Messages.
All: See all your reminders across every list.
To show, hide, or rearrange the Smart Lists, tap Edit.
Make a custom Smart List
You can create your own Smart Lists to automatically include reminders filtered by tags, dates, times, locations, flags, and priority. You can choose more than one tag (such as #gardening and #errands) and combine them with other filters.
Create a new Smart List: Tap Add List, tap Make into Smart List, choose filters, enter a name, then choose a color and symbol for the list.
Convert a list to a Smart List: When viewing the list you want to convert, tap , tap Show List Info, scroll to the bottom, then tap Convert to Smart List.
When you convert a list, its items are moved to the top level of the default list and tagged with the name of the Smart List.
Note: You can’t convert a shared list.
Sort and reorder reminders in a list
Sort reminders by due date, creation date, priority, or title: (not available in the All and Scheduled Smart Lists) In a list, tap , tap Sort By, then choose an option.
To reverse the sort order, tap , tap Sort By, then choose a different option, such as Newest First.
Manually reorder reminders in a list: Touch and hold a reminder you want to move, then drag it to a new location.
The manual order is saved when you re-sort the list by due date, creation date, priority, or title. To revert to the last saved manual order, tap , tap Sort By, then tap Manual.
When you sort or reorder a list, the new order is applied to the list on your other devices where you’re using upgraded reminders. If you sort or reorder a shared list, other participants also see the new order (if they use upgraded reminders).
Search the reminders in all of your lists
In the search field above the reminder lists, enter a word or phrase.